Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,524 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

February's Fabulous Freebirds

16 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hotsio2 be careful about seeing smokers eary on... i have to be in a mentally strong position before i will consider it. but it will come.. don't tell your smoking freind sorry for having stopped smoking... words have power and that's something the nicodemon does not need any more of.. just smile and say i don't do that anymore
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YOU ROCK, Rockstar!!! That sure must have been a cool experience!!! I still haven't been out to a bar or over to any of my smoking friends house, but that will come soon enough! I do have one friend who always wanted to bum a butt from me, because you can't get my old brand around here. I can't wait to tell him SORRY!!! Way to go, girl!!!! We're really proud of you!!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 13

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rock, You rock in your story. What a great feeling that was for you. Keep up the good work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,785 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
i had a great milestone today!! I ran into someone i had not seen in awhile.. we were talking and they asked if they could bum a smoke...i'm telling you, it felt like freedom to say i quit!! and it felt like success to say "since february" (when he asked for how long).. thanks for all the support and thanks for celebrating my success
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Rockstar. This is more like you! More energy and pizzaz in your posts. I am glad that you're over crushing yourself - tho', God knows, I do it a lot myself; I am getting so sensitive since I quit smoking (rediscovering my emotions no longer hidden by the smokes) that I had to smack myself for tearing up over that movie with Halle Berry and Benicio del Toro about love and addiction and grief!! Seven Days is your Hell week over... no more nicotine in your system and pride in your step, Ms!! Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $528.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rockstar, you are doing great.. I hit 23 days. My husband left for his 10 day trip on Sunday. We live on 5 rural acres. I have a neighbor up at the top of the driveway.. and others checking (phone calls) and Husband calls me several times a day ( Yeah cell phones.. and no charge plans. :) ) Nozzly things are good. for one of my rewards I bought a cute one.. it looks like one of the minature water cooler jugs) Hang in there ..... Go february freebirds... and eyeryone else 2 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 391 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Strange how that nozzly thing keeps appearing? Whatever works, do it! Great going Rockstar! Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rockstar! This is great news! This really is a journey into yourself. When we smoked, we drugged up our emotions with cigarettes. Part of this journey is now learning how to deal with our emotions without the nicotine masking them, and it is remarkable how much we learn about ourselves. You are doing great! We are here to help you get through it, and all you have to do is post! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,850.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
so i've been avoiding bear's question about where i'm at on this journey. i can't bend my brain around being a quitter, so "i'm not smoking, cigregrets. since last new year i have been watching the way people react to smokers and leaving notes like "cancer sucks" around my house.. recently i took up running (oh..the chest pains and panting) i want to do the ironman ten years from now. step one stop smoking. 26 days ago i started into this with the mantra; six weeks to change a habit.. i would use the nicomints for six weeks and then work on the physical withdrawls later..when they proved to not be the "magic bullet" and i just smoked anyway, i quit them. i have been nictine free for..i forgot. 7 days :D!!... i have not smoked 332 cigarettes and not bought cigarettes for 27 days i'm half way to six weeks and feelin' pretty good about it.. "this me" is a lot more sensitive than i ever knew..oh and a nozzely thing is a water bottle that you suck on... i found out accidentally..seems to be working. thanks lainey,bear and especially llama...keep pullin' for me! i'm pullin for you! ~freebirds do it forever~
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Feb Freebirds let's check in... I would love to have a list of names... BJ2705 2/10/08 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 391 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: