Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

ONLY 2 more weeks ... JUST 14 more days!

16 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still ALIVE Still CELEBRATING Still TAKING IT ALL "ONE DAY AT A TIME" thanks Marie Today was a good day ... I didn't die, I didn't burst into flames (no matter how many flames I could see burning around me) or even better than not bursting into flames I didn't smoke. I didn't even think about smoking. In fact I actually learned something ... and that had to do with how for so many years, 36 to be exact, I could actually cave into whatever was happening around me by smoking. The fatal addict behaviour of thinking I could control whatever was going on around me by chemically altering my state. Well today I got to choose something different. Something totally different than what I would do as a child smoking at 13 years old under all kinds of peer pressure. Something totally different than what I would do as an adult: afraid, brow beaten, put down, pushed aside, bullied. Today was different I didn't smoke I just held my head up high and continued on my way as a person who simply is not a smoker. Thanks Rusty for the quote below. I hope you haven't taken yourself out completely, your support, care and voice have been invaluable to me. [b][quote] Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. attributed to: (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.) [/quote][/b] More celebration tomorrow and through to the rolling around of the calendar.February 17th just around the corner. Cheers see you all tomorrow Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 725 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,162.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 122 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To maintain such good humour under the weight of such words. You are my new hero. Congratulations on two years. x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 407 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,361 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,238.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You must be the change you want to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi . So true ........ All the best RVDMAN, this was quite a struggle, I so understand, all worth it in the end. Keep on doing it one day at a time. Marie ((hugs)) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 609 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,353 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,958.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 81 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RD man congrats on 2 years great to hear from you lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 476 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,904.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$113,517.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 16

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Riverdaleman. Two years is great! Is that a co-op flag? I used to work there and that is indeed very similar to the flag we had on the home office building! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 343 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,618.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats, Riverdaleman!! 2 years as a nonsmoker is a lot to be proud of! And Rachel... 4 years!! My Gosh... that's HUGE!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,163.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The days move by faster and faster. Two Years on the Horizon. Still celebrating and still totally proud of the choices I have made to stay quit. Yes SammiJo celebrating with decorum and dignity (NOT). Despite all of whatever might come from the accomodating Brits rapaging and bludgeoning from far and wide. Lilly where are you??? we need a psychiatric nurse for sure. Yes Kiwi I am still swimming, almost everyday and booked for competion as well (MSO). My lungs are healing day by day. Thanks to Sparky and Windy and Faith and Susie (how very chipper, this wee blue bird) and Misty Moonlight and Rob47 (res ipsa loquitur, what could possible speak for itself ... perhaps actions) and Changing and Tresa and Nonic and Marie (! One Day at a TIME !) and Rusty (thanks, gratitude and serenity always) and Josie (perhaps you need to clear off that fridge door???) To all others thanks for the barbs because they simply point the direction and the quality to be set as the standard certainly of graciousness, kindness and understanding. Apologies sent out all round as seen far deep into this now embellished thread. Peace Joy Love More celebration to follow for sure. Phillip ;) [quote] [b][i]You must be the change you want to see in the world.[i][b] [b]Mahatma Gandhi[/b] [i]Indian political and spiritual leader (1869 - 1948)[/i] :) [/quote] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 724 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,154.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 122 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I first came here to the SSC message boards, you were the first "old-timer" (ahhh yes, 11-months-in made you a real old-timer in my book!) to give me validation, support, and encouragement in my quit. More than thirteen months later, I am free from cigarettes and without a doubt, you contributed to that success. Thank you for that! It makes me sad to see the ugliness that invaded your two-year celebration. Kudos for meeting such aspersion with dignity. Congratulations on two years smoke free! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 406 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,218.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Rachel, It certainly is a big month, firstly the remarkable Mister Ed who does so much around here, celebrates 2 YEARS and then in ONLY two more weeks you celebrate 4 YEARS. You can rest assured that Luna and I will be here to celebrate with you both. We can�t wait!!! Cheers from two old muckers! Pen and Luna x :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,727.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 15

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pen! Just wanted to thank you for your continued support ~ to me and the board. Looking forward to the 28th. Hope Luna will be here to celebrate her fantastic achievement alongside me? All the very best to you both....... :) Rachel xx Three years, eleven months, one week, six days, 22 hours, 35 minutes and 3 seconds. 28878 cigarettes not smoked, saving �6,497.73. Life saved: 14 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes.
  • Quit Meter

$17,504.29

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 788 Hours: 23

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

This thread is locked.