Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

goofy & sprquits ONE WEEK TODAY!

16 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much Jodi! My bf said the same thing. Honestly the ones who were teasing me were the ones who only smoke at "social" events... so pretty much every weekend :P So I guess they may be a little jealous since they don't really like calling themselves "real smokers". What I brought up was the fact that they seem to be finding more and more excuses for having their little "socials" :P. The rest of the weekend should be better though. It has been a lot better so far. Spent a lot of time working on my talk today and also chatting to my boy. Tomorrow I should be done preparing my talk and will be rewarding myself the rest of the day :). Can't wait for next weekend!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi sprquits! I'm sorry to hear that your friends from the lab were being such jerks. You know, they might have been acting that way to cover up their own guilt about being addicted to smoking. Good for you for staying strong! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! Jodi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
cvdeb: you will too very soon... you'll see the days will start moving faster and faster. Soon, you'll forget you're quitting! Tom: thanks for the support. I am doing it on my own and by myself. I know I don't need the support of my friends to get through this, since I am doing it for me. But it is nice when your friends cheer you on or notice that it has been 2 weeks... it shows they care. What I didn't like was some of them acting in a very patronizing way... but that's their choice too. I didn't end up going out with them after but instead spent more time chatting with my bf (who's also now 7 days smoke-free!!). I think that was a much better and more pleasant use of my evening :) Cheers guys! Keep on strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to you all. This really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I was smoking two packs a day. The cravings were more of a habitual ritual that i needed to break. Thanks to one more try, and sprquits, it turned into posting here at SSC, instead of lighting a cigarette. I also have to give credit to my boss, as he's allowed me whatever time I needed to be online. Obviously, the time I've spent here has gotten less and less, but it's great to know that whenever I feel the urge, I can rely on everyone here for the needed support. Thanks to all. Tomorrow will be a full 2 weeks!!! Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations to you both!!! Good job!! The quit is your responsibility, take good care of it. Don't rely on others to maintain it for you...BUT...situations like this will show you character traits you may otherwise never see. Like the group that would run in the face of danger leaving the weak behind and those that would grab hold of the weak and help them escape as well. It's nice to know who you're running with in case you have to run. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,008.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats to both of you!!!!! You did it! Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.06 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Honestly it wasn't easy at all today. The folks at the lab who smoke occasionally were acting like a**es. They would tease me for trying to quit while we were having a couple of beers. The hardest time of the m all. I had to cancel going out with them because I was too hurt and also too tempted. Interestingly, it was the heavy smoker who was the most supportive. Goes to show who your true friends are... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done both of you!! Gradually, your quit will get easier and easier. Be patient and you will reap the benefits! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 634 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �4,755.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 101 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
nah goofy, I'm right behind you 12 days tonight for myself too :) yay! Can't wait for the weekend so I can reward myself for 2 whole weeks ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wonderful - I remember how great that feeling is ! ENJOY and keep on going!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 593 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,075.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: