Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,638 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FJANA MARJORIE, RJANINA CLAIRE, CEARL JOHN, RBARDAJE, CuppaJo

We're here, and we're FEB-U-LOUS!!!

16 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sonofagun. We did it. Congrats, Changing, MomMom, all of you guys. Like Changing said, the days don't matter so much anymore...I hardly ever think about smoking these days. And I have to say that my life is utterly, drastically, and amazingly changed. I am almost a new man. I discovered that, free from the influence of the drug that has posessed me for most of my life, my personality has undergone an extraordinary transformation. I am no longer the depressed and angry man I was under the influence. In fact, I hardly even recognize that man as the person I used to be. Physically, I have lost weight and put on muscle. I am only 10 pounds heavier than I was 32 years ago. I am fit and on my way to being ripped, and middle-aged to boot. Like I said, I only rarely think about smoking anymore, and the one time in the past 3 months that I really even remembered what it was like to have a smoke, I started laughing because it was so stupidly funny. I did what? And I LIKED it? I don't worry anymore what I would have to say to my kids if they suddenly found out that they were going to have to finish growing up without me because I was a stupid, fool addict. I'm still an addict, and always will be. But there will never be another cigarette again in my life. I just want to say this to everyone on this board. Listen: Don't give up, don't give an INCH!! This is the most important thing you will do in your life, right here, right now. And it will be the greatest thing you do in your life. I know it sucks, I've been where you are -- but just hold on tight to the one and only thing that counts, and that is YOUR QUIT. Hold onto it like it was life itself, because it is. And it will get better. I'm here to tell you that, back from the grave that I was digging for myself and that you were too, until yesterday, or last week, or last month. Just get through this one next minute. Then the next. And the next. Keep saying NO! And eventually -- I promise you, this is true -- your no gets stronger, and your craves get weaker, until the no just completely blocks out the crave. And then it's gone. And the freedom here on the other side -- oh, I can't wait for you to see it. The air is clean, so clean, and it smells so good! And you can hug yourself and love yourself for who you are and what you've done. And you never have to slink away, hide behind a building, be ashamed in front of your family and friends -- you don't have to do that ever, ever again. On this side of the addiction there is freedom like you can't even imagine. I'm wishing the best for every single one of you. I'm looking forward to seeing you here soon. OK, sermon is over. I'll check back a couple of times this month to see how my quit buddies have been doing, and then I'll be gone from here for good. Oh, yeah. One other thing. Thank you MomMom, from the bottom of my heart. You -- literally -- saved my life that night. Without you, I would have gone back to smoking. Godspeed to you all. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $427.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lookin' good February quitters! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 564 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,575.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Time to check in Feb-U-Lous Quitters! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy February! Can't believe that it's already here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,970 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,223.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,750.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 11

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes - the February Quitters are certainly a class apart - whatever year they quit! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 717 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21,510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,377.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 116 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm stealing Lainey's idea (she did this for the March quitters)... I'm bumping this February '07 quitters thread. Some of us start celebrating our one-years tomorrow. I've got a few more weeks but am soooo proud & thrilled that my quit month anniversay is here. I'm hoping to hear from some of my fellow Febulous Februarians! :p [i]And of course anyone else![/i] [color=orange][size=4]Happy February Eve![/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 341 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,935 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,216.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,750.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nursey, Tell the bartender to flag the nicodemon and don't let him in. Or, just have hubby hold him while you beat the s**t out of him. You know the triggers, so use what you have learned and DONT SMOKE! When you have a crave, just start laughing at Nic O'Demon...everyone may think you've lost your mind, but you won't smoke while you are laughing! Luvs ya babycakes! Mom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $271.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's pool night again...everybody beat me up now so I can carry that with me to the bar!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 722 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks MomMom! I'm here! YIPPY! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,598 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,750.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Didn't want us to get lost on page 2. Everyone step up and flash those feb-u-lous stats! Here's mine!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,670 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: