Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

You can do it!

17 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wanted everyone to know that it can be done. I am not saying that it was/is easy, but it can be done! I stopped on 9/11/06. Today I feel that I have a brand new lease on life. I found some steps that I had to do to quit and I thought that it may help you. I was able to become smoke free on my 6th attempt! I read many posts on this board and I was able to learn from others mistakes. Thank you very much! I have 3 kids and for the first time I feel like I am going to be around to watch them graduate high school. I am now into my 5th month of being smoke free. At the beginning, every second I would crave. Now when I get a craving it is because someone ask me how I am doing with my stop. After I finish talking about it, the craving is not thought of again until someone ask me about it again. There are still some cravings, but they are weak and I am strong. I could not say that in the beginning. It gets easier, but never, ever let your guard down because it will and can bite you right in the rear. Good luck to everyone with their quits. You can do it. Thank you to everyone who put their thoughts into their posts to help someone like me become "SMOKE FREE". [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 130 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,838 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mike, You have proven that it just gets better with time, when at first it seems like a constant crave and now, not so much. You have also proven that one becomes stronger with each successful day of remaining smoke free. It gets better and better and yes, NEVER let your guard down. You are doing great! Congrats! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 186 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $697.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mike, Thanks for checking in and congratulations on a wonderful quit meter! 130 days is a great accomplishment! We are proud of you! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: