Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Aunt Deb's got two weeks!

17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ive read some of your previous posts Aunt Deb, good job, congrats [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Aunt Deb and excellent information on the Chantix. My insurance doesn't cover it but my pharmacist gives me 20% break. I think everyone taking it should check with Pzifer. But it's still a lot cheaper than smoking will ever be. Glad you're doing so well. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Ed Add me to the list of Winners (I mean Quitters) ;)auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,023 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Everyone for the pat on the back. I love this site, I don''t believe I've ever had support like this...in my life for "anything"! it's ironic as I sit here typing...the urge for a smoke is so strong..because in the past it was always habit to celebrate with a smoke...those days are over...I'm having a Coffee with hazelnut flavor instead (and ...I still have those trusted bananas...) I Don't smoke anymore....yey!!! and...when I went to the Doctor yesterday...he was impressed as I gave testimony to him about the Chantix, he has some office help that now are also using it to be free of tobacco... Ohio passed a law earlier this month...no public smoking allowed, especially at the Medical Facilities...(employees will be fired...how's that for civil rights?) I told the Doctor while I was there..."you know, for a State to pass a law like that it would seem to me that they would make this product affordable to John Q public...wonder why they don't Doc?" I drove 25 miles to the pharmacy to pick up my month supply of medication and was told at the pharmacy that if I went back to the Dr's office...and got a voucher...I could recieve this med for $9 (the doctor had not been informed that the manufacturer had indeed agreed to put this Chantix on the list for the low-income program) the pharmacy received the information after noon....so while I drove back to the office, the rx tech called the Dr to let them know I was on my way...and wa..la...not only did I get one month...I got a full 3-month supply..."$9.00" (whoaaaa...almost $400 worth of meds) I know this seems to some of you way too much information from me..but the point is that if this can be done in this state...why not others...get your congressman involved to help everyone beat this addiciton. I truly think that most smokers would rather be "non-smokers" but some procrastinate because they don't have enough ummmph to go on and do it. Fear of withdrawal, or memories of craving might prevent them from taking the first step. No one looks cool with a cigarett hanging out their mouth, lets face it. Education is power in beating this addiction. For those of you who are new or some who are still having skecpticism about should you quit or not...get informed about everything that tobacco an
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Auntdeb: Congratulations to you! You are doing so great! That's good Chantix information and very encouraging to hear that in at least one state they're "getting" it. You will never spend a better $9 than on this prescription. It has been a blessing for me (well, it was at the most important beginning of my quit --now I'm through with it). Keep up the great job and celebrate, celebrate, celebrate! Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $832 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aunt Deb, I liked your post. You are like a pebble sending out those ripples. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations to you and yours Aunt Deb. You have become a welcome and supportive presence on this site. So glad to have you and so glad to see that you've made this quit STICK! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well done aunt deb 2 weeks is awesome lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$113,537.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 17

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done, Aunt Deb! Those two nasty little weeks have been booted out of sight!!! Congratulations. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Aunt Deb! (2 thumbs up) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $686.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12

Reading this thread: