Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Hey no more cigs, - Congratulations

17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin, I'm not a statistician! :) Your idea would require a proper survey with carefully designed questionaires sent to all quitters of this forum. Then, we need someone competent enough to collect and analyze the data from the survey ... Perhaps, the SSC moderators could set up a proposal, apply for a special government funding, and carry out the project ... :) That's beyond me! As a humble quitter, I would like to contribute this analogy: - Tony of the UK, Jan of Canada, and me, we all love curry dishes. The ingredients to cook curry are common and similar. However, wherever you go, the taste of curry would be different! :) In 2004, I spent 10 days exploring India ... The curry I tasted there was not the same as the curry I usually cook at home! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the encouraging words, Stickin! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $445 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey no more cigs, There will be few obstacles in your way from now on. You have the correct mindset to take you through. Show me data: There are too many misconceptions that every quit is so much different than yours. That is simply not true and a misnomer. People have common traits, common life outlooks, common environment triggers. Take my common approach and be natural within the 6 months to 9 month period. You guys show you me the stats; show me the data. I say I don�t smoke nor do I care about it anymore, and many here feel the same. There is an end to the pain; it does not linger for years. So tell me direcly how everyone is so different than the other. If you site a Bell curve, that would make me listen up. Some differences for the average quitter, some yep.I want facts to back up the speak.
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not at all a game; data sets you free. If I have time, i could help but not so; Trust the quit. Oh how much?
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We are all here for the same purpose, to quit and keep quit. You quit will be unique as all of your lives and situations are. We are here to support and provide experiences that we can take with us in our time of need :) Support is where it is at! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: