Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

The adventure is now 30 days and counting........

18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i126/Eve144/arg-dancing-woohoo-gold-url.gif[/IMG] Ln, You my friend have been there for me when I really needed it and are a total inspiration to me. I believe we both posses a very similar inner stregnth and knowingness that we are on a mission yet we view it as already 'complete'. Congrats on 30 days hon, reward yourself greatly, you SO deserve it!!! I am so proud you are part of the C.A.R.E. You set a great example here for everyone. Many Blessings, Eve :) Proud to be a C.A.R.E. (Crazy April Reformed Exhaler) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well ya'll are just fantastic...that is all there is too it! So help me, I believe... with all my being... that I am a 30 day non-smoker because of SSC and the many members who are here to support one another through quitting smoking. I give myself a mental pinch to see if I'm really awake and that it really has been 30 days. There is something very VERY different about this quit than with the others. I've read so many of the posts from different members about their quits, something they read and wanted to share with everyone, differences of opinion, how they are feeling at any given moment....and on and on. What seems to stand out about my successful 30 days, is that I expect success this time. I'm not 'quitting smoking' (in the process of) ...I *quit* (STOPPED!) smoking. There is more a mental finality to this quit. So...mental attitude is truly one of the keys toward a successful quit. Another step I took, that seemed a waste of time in previous quits, was to PREPARE for my quit. Weeks before quitting, I made certain areas of the house off limits for smoking. I'd go to another area or outside to smoke. This interrupted the brain from associating the Master Bed/Bath with smoking. I set up a room in the house where I could find quiet and calm where I knew I would need to go when I was feeling overwhelmed. I surrounded myself with different scents from candles & room freshners so that my olfactory senses are awash with ANYTHING BUT Cigarette Smoke!!!! Most important, I talk positively to myself constantly. I tell myself how wonderful it is NOT to smell like a walking chimney of cigarette smoke. I revel in being able to smell EVERYTHING! I can walk forever now without being winded. My sinuses are clearing up, my breath is sweet. I imagine my every move as that of a non-smoker. I paint a mental picture of me doing everyday tasks, as a total non-smoker and then live completely immersed in the thought that I AM a non-smoker! To those who have been here before me...Here I come. To Those who come behind me...You CAN do this!!!! Hugs to all and many thanks...I look forward to 60 days, and then 90 days and then.... well you get the idea! Ln [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Sm
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Care [IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/kaszo/i10618148_55925_2.gif[/IMG] I just know 30 days feels awesome! Congratulations. we are so proud of you!! Stay Strong! Kare [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $267 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/messages/thcongrats.png[/IMG] on 30 days - Awesome Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 67 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
*GRIN*@ItsIronics pic [b]Way2go Ln! U keep hangN N there and hangN N here[/b] ;) [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 252 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,556 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great post! Attitude makes a tremendous difference. :) [size=4][color=Red]CONGRATULATIONS FOR 30 BIG FAT DAYS !!!!![/size][/color] Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2333.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$472,451.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5384 Hours: 2

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LN, Congrats on 30 days! You should be very proud of yourself :) We thank you for sharing your support with others and know that your words do make a difference in another's quit. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: