Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

1st day of Spring...

18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fish, What an interesting perspective... Thanks for being here, and for sharing your story. Many Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 557 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MMMMMMM The garden and the new fresh scents that I will actually be able to smell. Looking forward to the spring with no smoking. Great imagery. Fantastic goals one season at a time. Thank You Fish Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS] Happy Spring to you Fish ! I have personally been looking forward to Spring since winter started. My favorite time of the year.. perhaps because I hate the cold.. lol There is actually snow on the ground here in Amarillo. My 5 year old had a blast playing in the snow yesterday.. and by Saturday it will be 70 degrees and he will be playing in the sun. Be careful on that RUN.. don't want to push too hard.. Just about a week to the beach for you !! Yes.. one season down.. and 3 to go... (all preferable to winter too) Smoking is history.. life is ahead... Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I never thought about season quiting!I am looking forward to Spring non smoking.Yesterday my sister e mailed me she was 2 days quit she said if I could quit So could she.I told her about this site and how much it helped me so lets give her a big cheer! And hope she joins us soon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $203.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fish you are amazing! Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
one season down, a lifetime to go. I had my last cigarette on the first day of winter. Winter has historically represented a lower point in my annual cycle. Shorter days, cold weather, drab feelings. I figured if I could make it through this it would be a good kick start to the rest of my life. It's had it all - ups and downs, I've laughed, I've cried, eaten a lot of muchies, punched some 'things', screamed, stomped, but never lit up - never caved. I made it through winter. To be honest, it crept up on me and was a pleasant surprise today. Next goal, make it through the summer. Hot summer fun, smokeless. Doesn't sound so bad. I know I lost my last quit to too much of it though, so I'm going to be on my toes. One of the things I have used to help me focus on my health with this quit is that I've been training with a group for a local 10k run/race. The race is on Apr 1st. I wanted to improve my time in this distance. I've been running on and off for years, but sadly smoking for more. I've hit a bit of a speed bump, however. I've been running so much, I've developed a shin splint or a stress fracture - not sure which. Either way the remedy is rest. In that area at least. I can ride my bike without it bothering me too much. My reward today was a new seat for my bike, which is 13 years old. Seat technology wasn't as good back then. I took it out for a test spin late last week (I was sensing the injury) and I sincerely doubt my ability to procreate now (sorry if that's too much info). If you've ridden a bike with an older hard seat for a while, you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway - just checking in. choice puts the free in freedom. keep on keepin' on - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,694 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $445 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HAPPY SPRING and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You sound so positive and you should you have a great quit going and your getting healthy, can't ask for much more. Way to go!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 336 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,407 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on 89 days! I hadn't thought about making it through one season until you mentioned it. You are so close to the beach. You may not be able to run, but you can swim. See you there. It's a choice! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,571 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1173 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$330,495.98

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 13

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Absolutely inspiring Fish! Good luck on the run, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: