Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Ash Kickers, Come Strut Your Stuff!!!!

18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been having so much fun going to all of those places I could never go (and have fun) as a smoker: Like.... ....astronomy meetings ....museums ....church functions ....shopping malls ....childrens' activities so I haven't been checking in on Mondays. BUT I'm still here and loving almost every minute of it! Anyone take an Ash Kicker count lately? gpw [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,029 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $272 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Well my bad! I didn't consolidate the running lists of Ash Kickers. Here it is from the last posted list in its entirety. ItsIronic (Ft. Myers, FL) 1/30/06 NSAgirl (Blacksburg, VA) 1/29/06 Abletobreath 1/28/06 Love My Dogs 1/19/06 Forthe11thtime (NYC) 1/17/06 Guitarplayerswife (Portland, OR) 1/14/06 Bypass (Lubbock, TX) 1/13/06 IWin (Kansas City, MO) 1/11/06 Lana (South Florida) 1/9/06 Brubaker 1/8/06 Sunshine (Tannersville, VA) 1/7/06 Nana 1/6/06 QuitorDie 1/5/06 Ex Roller 1/4/06 Cincere 1/4/06 Polly Dayton, Oh 1/2/06 Francesca51 1/2/06 Redrosie (Nova Scotia) 1/1/06 Sheller Toronto 1/1/06 Kaiser (Wilson, NY) 1/1/06 BJ 1/1/06 Echo 1/1/06 Fishoutofwater (richmond, va) 12/21/05 On some quit list they showed member pins on a map...can't remember where that is.... gpw Used to smoke..now I use pilates! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,090 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
A record of "Ash Kickers". This time we are adding our geographical location. This is continiued from a post on the 23rd. redrosie, Nova Scotia polly, Ohio Kaiser, Lana, Janet, Ex Roller, Love My Dogs, HealerWithin, fishoutofwater, guitarplayerswife, Oregon, USA Keep Strong Everyone and keep Kickin' Ash!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,090 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I made it through Monday. Still having cravings but I am lucky that my husband quit too and is having a hard time so we tell each other we can't smoke. Thanks for the shout out EDIT, I hope you are doing okay too. ItsIronic- thanks for taking the time to post. My husband has been having a harder time in this quit then I have and he really can't smoke anymore due to the implants that he is getting. I have been having a hard time for the past few days, but his has been much longer. I'm sure it is because of all the stress of deciding what to do about his teeth. Sunshine- What can I say. You are a dear. You really did pick the perfect name for yourself. Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $468 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Sunshine, I am going to try that. I already take so many deep breaths a day that people are starting to make fun of me. One guy that I work with came up to my desk the other day and I happened to be taking in a deep breath. He said he could hear me doing that all the way back at his office down the hall. My husband is always asking if I am okay because he hears me doing it all the time. His mother has emphasema and she does that, so he worrys that I have a problem when he hears me doing that. He uses the straws to inhale with, I don't really want to do that because I have gotten over the hand to mouth part of smoking. I have had this feeling before and have been able to ride it out. It usually does not last more then a couple days in a row so hopefully tomorrow will be better. The feeling that I have is just wanting to inhale the smoke and feel it in my chest. But when I see people doing that now I always think how really crazy that is and that I can't beleive that I ever used to do that. The idea of it makes no sense at all. I guess I will just go to bed now and hope for a better day tomorrow. Thanks so much for the encourgement and suggestions. I feel kind of stupid right down because I have not really had to ask for any help so far and I never dreamed I would have to at over 100 days in. I have been a little depressed during this quit, but was starting to feel better a few weeks ago, but now this is really bumming me out. Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $468 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
I'm still here but, I hate to say it but I am NOT VERY HAPPY!!!!!! Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Thank you Sunshine, I have been having a hard time for the last few days. For some reason I have been craving really bad and it is making me very sad. My husband is a month behind me and he is having a hard time too. He has to have implants put in a couple of weeks from now as he pulled all his lower teeth a few months ago and can not stand wearing the dentures. So while not a life threating surgery it is very very expensive which has been very upsetting. We decided to pull the teeth to save money, but now it is costing us 30,000 dollars to get new teeth. He has been so upset the last few months, but I have been able to keep my quit through all that so I don't know why I am having so much trouble now. Anyway that was very sweet of you to answer my post and it did make me feel better. I will post again if I find that I might do something stupid. One of the things holding me back from smoking right now is the necklace my daughter gave me early for mothers day. It is a big silver circle with a smaller circle inside that she had engraved with my screen name here- Iwin. She is so proud of me for quitting, so she gave me the necklace as a symbol of my quit. Hope everyone is doing better then me. Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
Sunshine, That was beautiful. It brought back memories. I had forgotten how much I loved Helen Keller when I was younger. I still had a rough day today, but am feeling better tonight. Maybe my three day ride is comming to an end. Hope you are doing well. I will read those words whenever I am feeling down. Thanks! Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $476 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Hey All, I am still here after my first really bad day yesterday. For some reason, unknown to me I had a crave that lasted all afternoon into the evening. So I am a little sad today but happy I did not smoke. Add me to the list with all you other great people. IWIN from Kansas City [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YEA.....STILL SMOKE FREE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $241.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: