Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Still craving... :-(

10 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh also, happy pow wow day and congrats!! I guess by now you have 9mos smoke free!!
10 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everybody :) Ok, so I have over 4 mos smoke-free now and for the most part I'm doing great!! But the last week or so my heads been talking crap to me & even though I can't stand the smell of it, when I do smell it I've been craving it. I have my fan in my window & everytime a neighbor goes onto their balcony to smoke I jump up & close the window. I just saw a neighbor come out and take about 5 quick puffs & go back inside. Soooo... anyhow I have a plan that always works :) I'm going to jamba juice & get an orange dream machine!! YUM & lately I've add 2 shots of wheat grass and a shot of macha green tea. The wheat grass & macha green tea are for my health & well the orange dream machine is a reward for not smoking!! And just thinking about it, getting ready to go & the drive there, takes my mind off the cravings & quiets my head down. So there ya have it,,,I'm still smoke free, thinking I want to smoke sometimes but then it's jamba juice time & life goes on LOL. Have a beautiful Sunday ya'll!! Thanks for all the great posts, they really help!! Oh and in April I turned 50 and had my 17yr sobriety b-day, yayyyyyy!! Hang in there everyone (picturing the picture of the cat hanging by a string).

One day at a time... 
11 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on achieving 6 months of freedom Litsa.  Sometimes we have up and downs and they feel like set backs, but you really are winning the 'war' even as the battle rages on!  I hope today is your pow wow, happy day! 
11 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
By winning every battle you will slowly win the war!

Be proud Litsa, 6 months is immense, a worthy achievement that demands reward. Do something special for yourself.  You have earned it!!

Congratulations & Good Luck
Penitent  

• Quit Meter

$56,727.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 15

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your words of support and wisdom - they mean a lot and help tremendously. The battle continues ...
11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Litza,

I saw this at work in the morning, but I couldn't log on and respond. I'm sorry that you had a struggle today. I know that certain milestones seem to be triggers for some of us.  I hope that it got easier as the day went on.

All that I can say is that this stuff seems to ebb and flow. I'm a few months ahead of you, and I still have my moments. Most days, I have no desire to smoke at all. But, according to the crave diary I'm still keeping, I have the urge about once every 3 days. On Sunday, I actually had two episodes in which I had to take some deep breaths. I do wish it were less by now. I know I had hoped that those desires would be down to once or twice a month by now.

On the other hand, I think it is easy to forget how far we have come. When I smoked, I had powerful craves that I gave in to about 20 times per day. The urges I have now are not that intense. Instead, it's more of a disenheartening feeling with this, "Oh, not again" thought. And I need to remember that, for the majority of days, I am experiencing something I didn't even think was possible less than a year ago: whole days with no thoughts of smoking.

I suspect you have had similar progress, and this day was just a snag. Please make sure to take inventory of how far you have come. To me, it suggests hope for more progress in the future.
  • Quit Meter

$22,515.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 21

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Litsa, You should be proud of your 1/2 a year.Its a great accomplishment.
I Hope you are feeling better about your quit.You have conquered a lot of triggers in 6 months.
I am wishing you Strength to reach your next milestone.I am following behind you, keep showing me the way.
N.O.P.E.
Sherry
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Litsa!!!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on reaching the 6 month milestone!  You're really doing great on this journey so far!  Lolly is absolutely right!  You should be celebrating this accomplishment and rewarding yourself big time!!!  I'm telling you something... when I hit that 6 month mark, I DID celebrate!  I was freaking ecstatic and there was no way the nico-demon was going to ruin that day!  So... if you haven't already treated yourself to a great reward, start planning a big one!  You deserve it!

Way to go!!!  CLINK!!! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 13

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Litsa,

Congratulations on 6 months! This is a huge achievement.

I am sorry you are feeling down today. It can still be difficult even at 6 months but that doesn't mean it won't get better. This time of year can also be depressing for some. Can you get out into the sunshine today? What kind of reward can you plan for today? Celebrate and keep trying to be positive. It will get easier.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Litsa,

I'm so sorry you have had such a bad day, especially so far down the line......but it happens, and it may happen again.  Maybe simply remembering your 6 month anniversary prompted the Nicodemon to have a go at you.  I certainly blamed the Nicodemon or my addiction or whatever for those unexpected craves, then I had somone to focus on, to blame and that would fire me up again to fight.

Did you reward yourself today?  I do hope so.  It is necessary to continue with those rewards to keep the brain chemistry right.  Possibly you felt down just because you concentrated on the crave and did not congratulate yourself enough for such a great achievement!  Six months is huge and you need to feel really proud.  The positivity of rewarding yourself and feeling proud can help right at the start of a crave.

Maybe you had thought everything would just be really easy at, or after, certain points.  It does get better, but it can be a slow process.  Just yesterday I thought I'd like a cigarette......it was just that - a thought, very fleeting and now amusing after 8 years quit.  Do not dwell on how bad you feel, but how great you are!

Well Done!

Love Lolly.  

Reading this thread: