Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

No set backs.. No cravings.. But...

12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you. And that's not a pathetic story.. You made the decision to quit, again. And this time it stuck, right? YOU saved YOUR life.. Don't forget that.
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristen ! Great story and I can relate...... I was on vacation camping with my family and friends.... I had slept late one day while everyone else was off on some adventure. I made some coffee and sat at the picnic table when what do I see ? Yep a pack of smokes with a lighter on top. Well, it was just me and those cigarettes and.... I caved and lit one up. It was my first one in 3 years but not my last- I smoked 30 cigarettes everyday after that for ten more years.

I hope you can see how big a deal it was for you to walk away from that pack and lighter. You saved your life and your health for years to come. Don't ever be like me and my pathetic story Kristen.
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristen,

Wow - bizarre!  Way to stay strong. You have indeed come such a long way!

Members, what would you have done in a similar situation?  Remember, be honest!

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a pretty big challenge the other night. I was standing outside my apartment on the phone, and i looked down on the step.. Which i hadn't noticed walking past it at first.. There was a pack of cigarettes and a lighter... Kinda like it came to me as a challenge... I didn't pick it up to see how many cigarettes were in it or anything.. I just ended my phone call and walked back in my apartment. Didn't say anything else of it.. Just thought I'd share that story.. :)

Reading this thread: