Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Almost had a set back the other day...

12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristen
You're doing so great!  That was smart to notice your default stress level was playing with you - I guess so after a night outside; looking for a job & all the rest of things life is throwing at you these days.  It really does happen that a craving can pop up seemingly out of nowhere.  But you'll make it!  The perfect job for you is out there. And you so deserve a big reward for how far you've come! You know when I can't afford (or think of) a decent reward for myself when I hit a milestone, sometimes I just come here and read.  It can be relaxing, with coping ideas all around or sometimes just a funny post to make you smile.   It's good to post too. Maybe write some more in your blog - you have a great commanding writing style you know : )  Sometimes it feels like a reward just to know that many people are rooting for YOU Kristen! Aloha found a great thread on low cost rewards for you to look at and Josie has some good ideas right here. Good luck tackling that job hunt. I hope you're sleeping nice and soundly in your own bed tonight!  That helps too <3 Eyja 
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristen,

Rewards can be cheap as well as free!

Hot bath
Long Hot shower
Book (from the library)
Invite a friend for coffee
Go for a hike

Take a look through the site and see what free can mean!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i actually haven't rewarded myself yet. I'm in the process of looking for a job and money is tight. 
12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work on beating that crave Kristen!

How did you reward yourself?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good going, Kristen! Exactly! You're not a smoker anymore, so why the heck would you want to buy a pack of cigarettes? Love it! And love seeing that you're two months smoke free. Keep up the good work.

And, yeah, they do sneak up on ya sometimes. I think it's because you every once in a while run into a situation (like being all pissed off all night and teaching your boyfriend a lesson) that used to trigger you to smoke, but it doesn't happen that often, so your mind and body haven't gotten used to not smoking in response to that situation. After not smoking in that situation a few more times, it won't be such a strong trigger. Just breathe through them, have a nice cold drink, and move on like you have been. Yay!
12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I spent the night outside because well, i was trying to teach my boyfriend a lesson.. (It worked by the way).. The next day i was really stressed out and wanting to buy a pack of cigarettes. Well i go into the gas station, get my normal iced coffee and an energy drink, i get up to the counter, am about to ask for a pack of cigarettes and remember "I haven't smoked in 2 months, why would i wanna ruin that".. I handed the cashier my money, didn't ask for the cigarettes, got my change and went on about my day... It's just weird to me how the cravings can sneak up on you when you least expect them too...

Reading this thread: