Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Having a little trouble today...

13 years ago 0 312 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys (Ron & Jim) and girls (Sparky).

I am still with ya..the shoulder is still really painful the medicine doesn't seem to be helping much, I will probably go back to the Doc on Friday. I have to use computer while at work so when @ home don't feel too much up to it. I read a few posts but it hurts to move the mouse around...

I'll keep in touch when I can....

Charm

Freedom Meter

Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 258
Amount Saved: $44.40
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 19 Mins: 6 Seconds: 40
13 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope you are doing OK...R
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
These are the days that always got me into trouble.  You are my quit buddy so you can not smoke   Triggers are all over the place, I feel like sometimes I am dodging bullets (smoking thoughts).  I so want this quit to be it, so I remember the advice given to me and mine given to others.  Don't you just hate it when your own words bite in the butt, LOL.  For me today is that smoking will not change anything but my quit date and how I feel about myself.  So onward and upward my friend.

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Charm!!

Congrats on getting through Hell Week with all that you have had going on in your life!  Ron hit the nail on the head in his comments!  You have shown your true grit and determination through adversity during the first week... you must really want this quit bad!!!  You are a winner!!!  Just keep on taking it one day at a time!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,295.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 2

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Charm,
You just encountered one of the two biggest obstacles when first quitting. One is you had an emergency come up and instead of rationalizing that this is not the time to quit and caving you came through on the other side getting through hell week.  Then the second one was being around someone who wanted to quit but wasn't as prepared as you so he started again under stress.  You could then easily rationalize since it's hard for him then then why not cave yourself, but you didn't do that.  I'm figuring you went to sleep early (always good when confusion sets in) and you are back again at another day.  What's awesome is you now got through some big triggers and  your still intact with your quit.  This is good news because it's inevitable that things are going to come up our quits that are stressful. Getting through these moments are the real show of your strength in this. Keep it up your doing great.

Congrats,
Ron 
Thanks Brenda, Breather and Ashley for your support.

I am better today, keeping busy by just walking around the yard, reading a book and reading posts here on the site.

I believe my son has quit smoking..I noticed the empty pack out in the trash with a few left, broken up and wet. He is still asleep so that is probably the best thing for him.

I'll keep in touch.

Charm
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on day 8!

I am sorry to hear about what happened.  Great work for getting through all this smoke free!

You keep fighting.  I think it's great that your son is trying to quit with you! 

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello charm  Just because you're son decided to smoke again doesn't mean that you have to. If he does stop today all the better but you can't let anyone else's quit effect yours whether it be a son , spouse or anyone else. The others that stopped when I did are back to smoking but I can't let that influence me at all. If you had wanted to smoke again you would have gone and got your own but you didn't. Strengthen your resolve and don't let others invade your smoke free space. It's your life and no one elses. Excellent for you. breather
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ramble on. But, you know, I think you can continue on with your quit, because you want to quit more than you want to smoke and because you don't want to throw days out the window and start over again. Use your coping mechanisms. I still practically live on the Interenet when I'm home. Started doing it when I quit smoking and now I use it to oftentimes distract me from food. (I've lost about 48 pounds.)
This is Day 8 for me...it really hasn't been all that bad up till today. I had some medical problems and was in a lot of pain and taking medication Days 4-6, so really wasn't thinking at all about smoking.

My son was going to quit with me on Oct 1st and he did real good the first 3 days, but when he had to take me to the ER on Monday (thinking I was having a heart attack or stoke...I wasn't) he bummed one from a stranger at the hospital then went and bought some...He assures me his new quit date is 10-10-10 (tomorrow).

I think just knowing he is smoking and when he gets home from work he has cigs on him..... It just tends to make me nervous.

So I am rambling now but think I will be okay by tomorrow. I believe I will just go to bed early tonight and start a new day Sunday....

Charm

Freedom Meter

Smoke-Free Days: 8
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 177
Amount Saved: $29.60
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 5 Mins: 40 Seconds: 8

Reading this thread: