Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Oh!

13 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Gimm!!!

This is Great News.  Congratulations!!!!!   Thanks for posting and letting us know the good news..... I knew you could do it.
This calls for a Great Big Reward...... 

I  have around 45 pounds to loose myself and I have decided not to let myself get too upset if I don't loose it right away.  I am exercising every day and watching what I eat and if I don't gain any more weight I will be happy with that for now.  I also have joined the sister site.  Whats important for now Gimm is the fact that we are nicotine free.  We can now work on the weight knowing we are drug free.

Rose

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/30/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 23
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 920
Amount Saved: $299.00
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 7 Mins: 8 Seconds: 57

13 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Gimm!!!

HUGE  Congrats!!!  I am really proud of you!  Listen, I have been quit for over 2 years now and I still have only lost 2 pounds of the weight that I gained when I quit!  You know what?  It's OK!!!  The weight will come off when I eventually get around to putting that PMA of mine into weight loss!  I had a rough time with ankle surgery a year and a half ago and just now it is starting to feel like I can begin to get a good exercise regimen going.  I eat pretty healthy, so now I just need to get the exercise. 

You can do it too!  You are just getting to the point where you are getting real comfortable as a non-smoker!  So, now that you are, do start taking those small steps towards losing the weight.  Check out the sister-site, Healthy Weight Center, under the pull down menu "More Help" above.  You can find some great ideas in that program, too!

Way to go, Gimm!!!

Jim

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 839
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 20,975
Amount Saved: $3,460.88
Life Gained:
Days: 144 Hrs: 13 Mins: 2 Seconds: 44

• Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 10

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 230 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks yall!  Well im happy to report, ive been off nrts for two weeks now and things have finally have gotten  better.  No cravings or withdrawals now and i dont want to smoke anymore! whew!!! I had a very rough two weeks tho.  I don't know how i didn't smoke but im really glad i didn't now.  Now if i can just get all this weight off ive gained since i stopped smoking! 
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 11/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 228
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,120
Amount Saved: $2,280.00
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 23 Mins: 15 Seconds: 51

13 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gimm,

You know you can do this, you have come so far! 225 days, truly amazing! Be the superstar that you are and smile! I know that weight loss challenges can be really discouraging, start taking small steps towards a healthier lifestyle if you want. Start eating healthier everyday, taking walks...etc Small steps will lead to big changes! We are here backing you up!

Serenity

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 12/20/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 183
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,196
Amount Saved: $878.40
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 13 Mins: 26 Seconds: 51

13 years ago 0 242 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh! Gimm I hope you stay strong and not smoke. I know you feel a bit yuckie for putting on a few pounds but maybe you can try going for  some walks it could help with the craves and the weight. Even if you start smoking again it does not mean you would loose weight. Today I went and bought some nicotine patches for my husband he wants to try and quit.  The sales clerk told me her Mom quit with chantix, one day she just did not want to smoke anymore. Jim our SSC friend also says he quit with Chantix.
Gimm instead of blowing your quit maybe you can try the patch or chantix.
Good Luck
Memie
Over 200 days pleeeeeese don't smoke  

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 1/25/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 145
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,450
Amount Saved: $580.00
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 19 Mins: 13 Seconds: 18

13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gimm, do you really want to give back seven months and start all over again? Do you really think you'll get a different result?  What we can promise you is this: If you hang in there, it will get easier. The cravings will decrease in intensity and get further and further apart.  Your self-esteem will also go through the roof. Now a few people have said that they'd rather smoke than gain weight. I can tell you this: the smoking will kill you faster and is much more likely to do so. My doctor and nutritionist have told me you'd have to gain 70 pounds to be in the same shape you're in while smoking. So being a smoker is like being 70 pounds heavier.

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 414
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,592
Amount Saved: $4,926.60
Life Gained:
Days: 46 Hrs: 15 Mins: 9 Seconds: 37

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gimm,

Stay strong, you have come really far! Work the program, rock your coping mechanisms and post often! We are all here rooting for you! 

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gimm,
I know you can do this you have done it before.  The craving for the smokes will lessen just like before. You have to many days under your belt to turn back now and so do I. The last 2 days have been hard for me too. I just keep taking deep breaths and telling myself it will get better.  I am sure you can breathe better now too.   It will get Better One Day at a time. I am glad you said that.  We can do this.  It really will get better it always does.

Rose

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/30/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 800
Amount Saved: $240.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 20 Mins: 2 Seconds: 47

Just an Update.  Well i've been off NRT's for week and half.  It was extremely hard!!  I am feeling better now and not wanting an nrt anymore.  I just want to smoke now.  I think about smoking everyday now.  Before i went off the nrts, i wasnt thinking about smoking at all.  I've also gained more weight since getting off nrts.  This weight gain bothers me too.  Not sure ill stay quit smoking.  Just one day at a time right now.
My Mileage:

Smoke-Free Days: 225
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,000
Amount Saved: $2,250.00
Life Gained:
Days: 25 Hrs: 14 Mins: 42 Seconds: 55

Thanks ladies!  Well im doing good right now.  Not quite AS grouchy lol   Thanks for the link roses, i have been looking at it.  I bookmarked it, so i will be looking at it more.  I wish both of you good luck with your quits and ive noticed both of you went cold turkey.           I really wish i had of too, then i wouldn't be going thru this again.  I'm not ready to give up my hard earned 7 months just yet.  I'm struggling but im hanging in there. 

My Mileage:

Smoke-Free Days: 216
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,640
Amount Saved: $2,160.00
Life Gained:
Days: 24 Hrs: 15 Mins: 16 Seconds: 57

Reading this thread: