Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,515 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

NEED HELP NOW!!!!

16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats all Rusty, Jim isn't pushing anything.....
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim, I know you've had a great quit for 29 days. But tkusant has stated several times that he (or she, not sure) finds alcohol to be disruptive to the quit. Perhaps you should back off pushing that method. Respectfully, Rusty [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1207 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33,796 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,224.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 172 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$54,776.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 22

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm a guy's guy, too and I WILL have a beer or two after work!! That's why I finally got the Chantix. It really minimizes the craves and I didn't have to give up my brewski's !!! :) I got to have my cake and eat it too!!! All that matters is what works for you!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$44,257.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 7

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I will think about the NRT. At home I am pretty good too. The trigger is beer. I am a guys guy. I love watching the game with a beer. So, I can't do that anymore.
P. M. A. Buddy!!! I was fine at work too, because I could alwayse check in here throughout the day! I had a harder time at home, because I used to smoke more at home!!! Keep busy when you're at home and it will make it easier!! Maybe think about an NRT if it really seems like the cravings are really getting to you!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$44,257.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I did do a couple of those things that Rusty had said. When I am at work, I am fine. I know my big trigger is alcohol. I am going to have to stay away from it. I will have to learn to watch my beloved sports without a refreshing beer. I can do this, and will do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!!! Glad you are back on track. You can do this!!! [IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll13/Meg02915/HangInThereCat-Lmg2.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Hey Buddy... Did you get yourself some NRT gum like you said you were going to do? I found out that cold turkey was not for me last year!!! I also knew that the gum didn't work for me. So I found out about Chantix, tried it and QUIT, for good, this time!!! I know you don't want to go the NRT route, and neither did I. Experience taught me that I was too weak to do it without it, so I bit the bullet and did what I needed to do to get over this disgusting addiction!!! In my earlier quits, I had the same triggers that I do now. Sports, a beer or two and a damn cigarette!!! I couldn't handle the huge cravings previously and my quits eventually failed. What I am trying to say is maybe you should really consider using some sort of NRT this time to see if you have any better luck!!! Go through the workbook and the other tools on the site, too!! They really made a difference in my quit this time!!! Rusty had 10 really great ideas for you yesterday, too!!! Try any or all of those yet?? Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$44,257.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]My 2 cents worth... From previous quits I KNEW that as soon as I had a beer/rum & coke the urge to smoke was intensified 1,000 x's .. I was a gonner. I KNEW this in the next quit and repeated the same thing again ! *BANGING MY HEAD AGAINST A WALL* and scolding myself. FINALLY, this time around... #7th quit... NO ALCOHOL AT ALL ! ! ! ! I can sit and watch my beloved Blue Jays play withOUT a beer or any other 'beverage'.. I don't HAVE to give up a sport because of a drink. For goodness sake I'm not an alcoholic. My quit is THE most important thing to me. Nothing/no one is going to interfere with it .. EVER ! Prioritize (as it's been said in earlier messages). It's all a give and take thing with this disgusting habit ! So glad that you are getting back on the quit train ! BRAVO ! Peace [/color] :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good job getting back on track. keep fighting it will be worth it in the long run.keep posting and we will help you all we can .be strong and smoke free!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/31/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: