Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,512 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

NEED HELP NOW!!!!

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Naomi Where are you? If I adopt you as a non smoking buddy do I get Rioja?? LOL me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 607 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,354 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,247.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 122 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phil, Afraid so, Vodka is my vice of choice haha I shop around and save all the good wine for my Dad, he doesn't complain every year for christmas he gets a good 98 Rioja from me :) I had a look at Jesus pobre on google images, what a beautiful place! And to think I have never even heard of it! Take care of yourself, Naomi x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �15.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Naomi! Vodka in Saoin?? With all that wonderful wine and brandy,even sherry!! I love Spain look up Jesus Pobre I go there every year! Me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 606 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,332 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,242.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 122 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi tkusant, I had / have the same problem as you. I loved a vodka after work and of course that went hand in hand with the cigs. So for the moment I just don't drink. I can't trust a drunk me :) I know you have got the champions league causing you a little strain, so maybe you could try nibbling on some nuts or popcorn during games to keep your hands occupied, pour a nice pint glass of ice cold coke or water, maybe even a few tooth picks or straws at hand for injury time or penalties :) Trust me it wont be long before the association starts to break and your mind will be your own again. Keep in touch, Naomi. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �15.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim, I said you weren't pushy. Everybody is different. My biggest trigger is alcohol and I have to stay away from it. I wish I could have a few beers like you can. I can't though. Today was tough at work, but I handled it. I have friends over now. They are having a few drinks. I am drinking water, cold water. I am fine. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim you are wacky and heartfelt and I have never felt you were pushy. I believe that Rusty has backed off and she misinterpreted what you were saying. All is well in this non smoking world. Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Todd!! I hope your day is going well so far!!! I am sort of like how Sue described her husband. Tackling this whole thing head on!!! I went through the program, wrote down my triggers and basically told myself that I was NOT going to let the triggers and the nico demon control me and interfere with the rest of my life. I knew that giving up one of my vices was going to be hard enough. I was not about to give up anything else. OK, this is me and every one is different. Like I said yesterday, "All that matters is what works for YOU!!!" That being said, my intention was to convey my experiences and what I did and what worked for me and offer all that up as an option for someone else. I am very compasionate about this quit and staying quit and I am absolutely not trying to push anything on anyone here!! My most humble apologies to you and anyone else if anything I have written on this or any other thread has portrayed me as pushing anything! All I have ever tried to do was offer my wacky insight and heartfelt support! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$44,257.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 6

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there we believe you that you can do this.My wife used to go to A A and they always say to change playground and playmates. So you can do this. I have been smoke free for 3 full days today and today was not an easy one but I did it and boy was I glad that I didn't pick up one today and you will too.When you think about having a smoke think about how happy Freddie looks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey TK, my hubby and I quit together, his approach was to hit these triggers head on. He gave up nothing. He made me go to a raw bar with him, I kid you not every one in there was smoking! I was in tears. I was so frustrated with that man of mine. I tell you this though, it worked for him. He drinks coffee no problem, beer no problem. Non-smokers do all these things with out smoking, we can too. I still have my wine, and yeah I used to crave, so I prepared myself with sour jelly bellies, and tried to get healthy snacks. How about you prepare some snacks to have with your soccer games? Chex mix? Air popped white cheddar popcorn is real healthy? Apple slices with cheese? Hang Tough, it is so worth it. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 336 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $588.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok... Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1207 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33,796 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,224.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 172 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$54,776.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 21

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: