Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Help...I am eating so much that my tummy is sore

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joy, One of the many things that smokers report is that their smoking is habitual. They smoke in their car every morning, or just before bed. What is needed is change. In order to release one self from the habitual routine of smoking, quitters have to re-assess their daily routines. Try tea, instead of coffee and a smoke in the morning Play your favorite CD on the way to work and sing your heart out. Use bedtime as relaxing time, and take a hot bath and read a good book. Do a crossword puzzle or word search instead of watching T.V. at night. Take a walk after dinner instead of focusing on your crave. Many of these ideas are easy and workable. These distractions can assist you in every day tasks and make quitting less of a challenge. Although it may take some time for you to adjust, it will get easier with time. It�s just a matter of breaking the habit. Members, please take the time to share what has worked for you! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joy I understand exactly what you are talking about. I have gained eight pounds in 2 weeks!! But, I am still sticking with it, and no matter how many times you hear about ice water and celery sticks those first few weeks...well, I know that is not what it is taking for me to stop those cravings! Chocolate seems to be my new drug of choice! HaHa! But, I am trying to be more aware of every single thing I put in my mouth. I think that has helped more than anything, just being aware of exactly what I am eating. Hang in There! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65.03 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you smokerella, Lainey, and Goofy. My plan is to ride this out...smoke free. Yes...Lainey, I guess I am talking about that full satisfied feeling I used to get from smoking. I think I'm figuring out that food doesn't make that happen. Thanks again for your support...it really helps. Joy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $828.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Joy, this too shall pass. It's really hard to fill the void we feel after quitting. Apparently, we have to replace this with something, and most often, we eat. Lainey has come up with some pretty good solutions. For me it was dry roasted peanuts, (millions of calories), and pretzel sticks. Of course, the amount of salt intake has been incredible, but now I've slowed down a lot. Believe me, it does get easier. You've come a long way, you can finish it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $642.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It just dawned on me. You're looking for that kind of full, satisfied feeling that you used to get from a smoke, right? All these months I haven't even thought of it. Its GONE! The number of times I quit, that was the one thing I hated most was missing that feeling. I can't even tell you when it disappeared. But it is totally gone... Hang in there Joy! 'This too shall pass', is the honest truth! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 338 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,565.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sugar free gum has few calories, carrot sticks have less. Or chew on a coffee stir stix - o calories there. Its that hand to mouth thing you have to break. Try sucking on a straw (cut to the size of a cigarette) That one saved me lots! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 338 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,565.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, I too was eating anything and everything in site, just try to make healthy choices...one suggestion: celery sticks! they are empty calories and contains a lot of water so you can munch and not feel guilty. Plus they're crunchy!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel so empty not having my smokes. This sucks. I need to find something to do that is not self destructive. Joy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $805.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: