Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

End of day one, 5:00 trigger coming....

16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad to hear about your drive home!!! I knew you could do it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 2 drive home was a success! I still find myself doing things that are related to my old habit, ex. rolling my window down when I crank my car, reaching in my console, .... But, I'm sure that will stop soon. I think today, my body just knew it was get the nicotine today or it's all over with, because I was drinking plenty water to flush it all out! My boss's wife actually told me that I shouldn't be drinking so much water, that it was probably flushing out my nutrients. The junkie wanted to snap her head off... but I just smiled and drank the rest of my water..... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoping that you made that drive home smoke free tonight! Maybe change the way you think about the drive. "A nice relaxing drive listening to some music and a chance to wind down after work and enjoy the scenery." Might make the cravings stay out of your head by thinking of the drive as a positive instead of a negative. Just a thought?! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Good morning DL, Once I got past that evening ride home, I was okay. I had one difficult moment where the junkie tried telling me "go ahead, you can smoke one a day", and I just got up and started doing dishes, laundry etc. And of course, read the boards alot. For the most part, the cravings do not last long and you can keep busy long enough for them to pass and you'll be so glad that you did. So you have a couple more days to prepare yourself for your quit. Don't forget to remember what you said you'd do in trigger situations. Write them down and keep them handy, breathe, and the water really helps. When I'm craving at work, I walk outside with a cup of water in my hand. Does the trick. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
See, you can do this. Alaho really makes you think about all those nasty things we use to smoke one the way to work and she gave you some good advice. I was just thinking (stinking) with all those smoked inside a closed car can you image how much one would STINK :gasp: Glad I (we) don't do that anymore. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 260 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristilu and congratulations on your first day over and behind you. You got through the evening and night and I'd like to know how you dealt with the withdrawal symptoms from hour to hour... it'll really help me to battle my way through thursday coming... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-11.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -10518
Sue - I knew what you meant, it's just my brain is being overloaded with too much oxygen right now and I am a little lulu right now.... yes ma'am...whole album.... i gotcha.... how many fingers am i holdin up? ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great preparation! Every little bit counts :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu - I meant the whole album!! It rocks. hang tough, arm yourself, be prepared. I walked today for 30 minutes and didn't wheeze or cough at all. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Well , I made it thru. I am now at home and have been cleaning and cooking and I feel fine. I think I'm actually going to be okay this time. But, I am not getting ahead of myself, just taking it one minute at a time. Den, yes, me and you are the same, with those nasty nighttime triggers. But, I think we can beat them. Just gotta stay busy like you said. Sue - Great song!! I will definitely take your advice! Aloha - girl, those #'s, just thinking about figuring out those #s makes me crazy!!! Enough said.... I'm alright.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: