Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Beer.

16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go to the World Health OPrganisation site (WHO) and print off 'a Smokers Body 'carry it with you andf when you feel like a smoke look at it! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 521 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,462 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,735.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 105 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kodi, Protect your quit in the knowledge that you will either be confronted with these situations eventually or you have experienced them for the last time (probably not!). If you want to be quit badly enough, you can do anything in this world and not smoke � and you can do that today if you so wish. How badly do you want it? The choice is always yours but just stay quit!! Good Luck Penitent d1333 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,969.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 6

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kodi, my friend, if it hurts when you do that, don't do that. If drinking treatens your quit, then don't drink until you feel strong enough. Drink something non-alcoholic, as Lainey said. Ease yourself back into your old social life by having just one or 2 beers and then leaving or switching to water or pop. Try drinking something other than what you usually do. If you're a beer drinker, try a glass of wine instead, maybe you won't have that association. Bottom line, you have to decide if your quit is important enough that you can make some changes to your lifestyle to protect it. I hope you do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 241 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,651.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kodi! There are two ways you can deal with that! #1: Stay off the booze altogether for at least two months or so, until you have more control in your quit! #2: Drink something other than alcohol, but be very aware, that just the surroundings may be a trigger! Many quits have been lost to alcohol! It's something we all had to address, unless, you're a non drinker! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,775 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,281.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kodi, When I was a little younger I would tell myself that I can go out and throw back a couple with my friends and I simply wont smoke. It never happened once. You already know what happens to your will and good senses after a few drinks so your answer may be right there. No judgement, my friend, I've been there. Good Luck to you, And Congrats on the 3 weeks. And what Jan58 said, You can get pretty sick ( a friend ended up in ER with nic poisoning) if you smoke on the patch so that might be a pretty good motivator if you are out with some pals. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Being on that has relapsed more than I care to mention, I will tell you that you are setting yourself up to smoke. If you know you will smoke in those situations, why go? I would go and think I could handle it and I couldn't. I either smoked then or it would set off all kinds of reasons to smoke again later. You know I had breakfast with a friend Sunday. She quit smoking a month before me, but I told her that she was a trigger for me. For some reason when we go out to eat or she comes to my house it is a trigger. Why? Because we smoked together. It is better, but it's funny what can be a trigger for someone. Congrats on 21 days, hold on to it, it looks good on you. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 254 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kodi, Thanks for sharing. Perhaps ease off on the social events until you are more solid in your quit. Be the designated driver, or cut back on the drinking. This addiction will take whatever it can get, so don't stoke the fire. Lots of good advice here, take what you need and keep it close :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kodi What has worked for me is printing out a meaningful post from here and keeping it with me. Taking it out and reading it when I am tempted. I also have had a friend be my "quit guardian". We agree ahead of time that if I am tempted I will tell her, and she will encourage me not to light up. Then it's my job to listen to her ;) 3 weeks is awesome! Don't throw it away! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 293 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,992.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kodi, you're the one who has to decide how important your quit is. If you really want to save it, you will do anything to protect it, including not putting it in harm's way. This is the case with any addiction. Good luck! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31,416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,927.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 160 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$54,964.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 649 Hours: 1

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kodi, Have you got any NRT's on the go? I'm currently using the nicotine patch, and I can't smoke even if I wanted to. I also find that in the beginning(first few months), that I'm not really good at social situations. As my resolve to stay quit strengthens, then I feel more comfortable socializing. Hang in there. It does get easier. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: