Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

going on an overnighter with a smoker..road trip included

16 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In our journey to quit, we think about all the bad things smoking does to us...and forget all the "good" memories that we locked away regarding our social smoking. We had good times, me, my friends and my pack of cigs. All the problems of the world worked out over a few beers and a pack of smoke. All the road trips, with the wind in our hair and the cigerette in our hands. This is one of the hardest parts of quitting smoking for me. It's the good times that I associated with smoking. You have to look at your road trip as making new memories with friends, having fun but without the cigs. You can do everything fun.....except smoke. It may not be easy at times, but in the right frame of mind, you can do it!!!!! Good Luck and have smoke free fun! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $93.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it. I only quit a week or so ago and have been around many smokers but mostly in Passing. Today I stood outside with a friend who smoked one. He felt bad when later when I told him I quit but it was ok. I don't want to make a habit of it as they still smell good to me but that's the beauty of chantix. From experience I know a cigg won't do anything for me, that is no nicotine fix. all the best
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Newme! I think I would toss the Nicotine gum and just take ordinary gum or hard candies along. (And maybe a favorite post or two)If you get a craving, why would you want to put Nicotine back into your body? It will just cause more cravings! Think about this! All you need is the distraction. You have been quit long enough that you should be able to handle it without adding more Nicotine. Don't do that! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 220 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,321.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
new me, I know you'll do fine with your road trip and that you will have a great time. You're lucky that there will be a non-smoker to provide support. Enlist both of them to help you if you have a problem. I'm sure even your smoking friend doesn't want to see you smoke. Meanwhile, it's such a toll on our bodies and minds to quit and go back and quit and go back. Do try to make this your forever quit. Don't throw away those 138 victorious days! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1032 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28,896 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,612.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 145 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$54,943.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 648 Hours: 21

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, This friday I am going on a road trip/overnighter with a friend that was a big part of my smoking life. We smoked and talked, sat on the patio with our coffee, smoked and talked. I do not think that he will smoke in the car while we are driving..just during our antique shop stops, or diner meals. So, the car trip should not be too bad...after our meal in the diner; that may be a different story. Watching the sunset in the mountains, that will be another challenge. We are going to visit another friend..he is a non smoker, so that is great. I went and bought some nicotine gum..I know it is a set back for me. But, I am not smoking, I will have it with me on Friday and Saturday, plus the rest of my trigger goodies. I really do not know why I am writing this. I am stressed in the anticipation stage for this trip. It has been so easy for me in past quits to just say, "I'll smoke today and go back to my quit tomorrow". I usually would not make it back to the quit the next day, but within the week, and continue on smoke free. But, never becoming really free from the addiction...the vicious circle. I am nervous about this upcoming trip. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,312 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $690.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: