Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Blahs?

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG! I just saw Tom's avatar!! Make it stop!! Sparky, bring on hoody cat, PLEASE! I'm sorry I ever said anything about it, I had no idea such a thing as THAT was possible! *rocking back & forth in the fetal position* It's OK, it isn't real, it's Ok it isn't real, Sparky where are you???, it's Ok it isn't real,... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,639.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys! Thanks to everyone for writing and for checking on me. The fact is I am still tired and now I am weepy as well. Also giggling a little bit about it because it doesn't make any sense. I have no explanation. Oh well, I am fine and I won't be smoking. I will give you all a complete update tomorrow. I don't really have words right now. :) Tom, that is a pretty freaky pic you have there. It startled me for a second! ;) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $263.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
kelly, ya little nutbar, where are you? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,639.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly Yes it does make sense. I am very much a goal oriented person and will press myself to the limit to reach an objective. However, sometimes in the trying there comes a period of fatigue. Generally speaking, I notice that I reach stages when I am not fully aware of how tired I am and will continue to press on. For me that is the absolute wrong thing to do. What I should be doing is looking back down the mountain and realizing how far I have come. In so doing it is also necessary to realize that I need to rest just a bit before continuing on. It is always good to be mindful of how far we have come and to revel in the joy of the accomplishment. It is the only way that we can gain a perspective that will revitalize and renew us. And it is in the renewal that we are granted the power to look up the mountain and the stength to continue our ascent... Good climbing to you my friend, I have all the faith in the world that this is your last and final quit... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 288 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,024.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$66,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1373 Hours: 16

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yup I sure have it see other post on weird cravings [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 536 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kelly, girl you just Rock, i think is is the first ive really seen that you was even having any kind of problems, you are doing great and are very brave, you have been here and been a great suporter of this site, the blahs will pass for you, because you are a quitter, its ok to have one of those days hang Tough Kelly girl :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1888 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 37,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,608.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 266 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$14,573.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 10

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly, In a strange way this is a good sign. The 'honeymoon' phase is sort of ending and you are moving into the time when not smoking is something that you are rather than something you do. It's like growing pains. Most of the physical discomfort has subsided but now you'll probably get into some of the deeper, longer lasting changes. The good stuff :) Yup, rewards are a good thing and also maybe revisiting why you wanted to quit to see how far you've come. 46 Days is awesome! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1160 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,220.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 88 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$36,972.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 12

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kelly, I have had the blahs this week also. I hope you are feeling better. Your resolve seems in place and strong, so no matter how you feel, you seem confident that you will not smoke...that is important. But, keep your guard up. We all know how sneaky this addiction is. One minute we are thinking, "NO WAY", the next minute there could be a cigarette in our hand. From your post, you have not experienced that phenomena...and hopefully, you never will. Stay strong and do get some chocolate! congrats on 45+ days. You have a fabulous quit going, darling! new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,264 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kelly, Sorry I missed this last night. It could be loads of stuff. Tiredness seems to make a difference. There's sparky's H.A.L.T. Never be too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired! So I am hoping you got some wonderful sleep last night and are just waking up to a beautiful day. If it is the seasonal thing I recommend we all invade Hawaii as they seem to have nice weather all year around. :) :) Whales? Just between ireland and england :) Thats my little joke of the day for you Kelly. Now it is my turn to sleep. (HUGS) from Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �373.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Good morning, kelly. Hope you're rested and feeling better today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,639.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: