Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

My biggest challenge yet...

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
so glad that you are making it through this smoke free. Life is not fun sometimes. YOu should be very proud of yourself. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh yeah, ex! I'm so glad to hear that from you. {{{{{{{{{{{EX}}}}}}}}}}}} I hope you and your sons are beginning to feel a bit better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 164 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,115.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Martha - yes, we can get through the most terrible of times without smoking and it's a myth that we can't... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,080 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �180.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex Roller you are amazing! Your attitude is admirable and I can only imagine how many people are being encouraged as they read this thread. There is no telling how many 'lurkers' now know for certain that we can get through life's trials without smoking ---> no matter how big the trial. I think a BIG TWO MONTH reward is in order if you haven't already because you've definitely earned it. All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,008.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 85 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$36,972.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 12

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is so tragic; and also so scary. I have 2 young men/boys that love fast cars, motorcycles...one told me; speed is my life; (but I will only do it at the track; I will be careful, mom. I won't get killed, mom.)Even though the occurrence of teen fatalities is only 22 per 100,000 (2003)..it still accounts for 44% of teen deaths each year in the usa. This is a major victoy for you...staying smoke free. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $445.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My best to you and everyone involved. Hugs and Prayers [color=blue]BLUE CLOUD[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope you are doing well~~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,390 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $949.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nonic, thanks for your encouraging words [quote]What else can you do to distract yourself from the grief for a few moments? Thinking of you and your sons [/quote]alohakeia, your last statement is the answer to what else I can do...thinking about them and how they feel losing their close friends only serves to magnify how they would feel if anything should happen to me, and staying quit is the one thing I can do to make that less likely than if I smoked, so thank you :) [quote]Hang in there Ex! You are doing great, not smoking thru this. As we get older, we realize that death is part of living, but its pretty tough to teach that to a 19 or 20 year old. My thoughts are with you, having been there, it will feel better once the funerals are done, a bit of closure! [/quote]You are so right about that lainey, and I also think things will ease up after the funerals - thanks for the encouragement [quote]Ex! I was worried about you, glad you checked in! So sorry you're having such a hard time. This is such a difficult, difficult thing. Please know that we are all there with you, sharing our strength, holding you up and believing in you. You can get through, Ex. We know you can & you know we're here for you. [/quote]Thanks Unhooked, it's really nice to know someone was thinking of me - it really does help know people are rooting for you... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 930 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �155.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex Roller Glad to hear that you are passing through this period in time well...I am a self declared, bonified, straight up, no lie self medicator from jump street...I understand your difficulty, but I know from experience that there are many bridges over troubled waters and smoking is but one of these. You are doing well to choose alternate means of crossing over. This is one of the most difficult aspects of the process, but also one of the most rewarding. As you find new ways to deal with these issues, personal growth will visit you and you will become a much different and more competent person...Stay well and quit... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,680.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex Thanks for checking in. Yep, emotional triggers are strong, aren't they? I guess it's because we used to distract ourselves from those strong emotions with a cigarette. But, as everyone has said a million times.... Smoking will not change the situation, the only thing that will be different is that you will have smoked. What else can you do to distract yourself from the grief for a few moments? Thinking of you and your sons -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,040.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27

Reading this thread: