Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Can you offer some tips to help drop the gum?

16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yaaazaaaa tryagain, I am so happy that you are getting some relief. It is such a mental addiction. You have realized that and now you can deal with it. It will only get better and better for you. I am soooo happy for you! new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,872 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm shedding happy tears for you. I do think....your gonna be just fine now. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $898.47 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Audrey, you are a good friend and you have a beautiful heart. We are lucky to have you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $968.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try, It is so good to hear from you! It sounds like you have turned the corner...THERE IS LIGHT!!! Hallelujah!! It has been a long time coming my friend. Good for you, you deserve some peace! Know that I do think of you and pray for you and have watched you journey...a hard road you have traveled, harder than any journey here that I have seen that has remained true. Good girl. Stay here, stay true.. Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $574.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tryagain it's wonderful to hear how much more positive you are about not smoking. It sounds like you beginning to believe what a great thing it is. I'm very happy for you! And look at those stats! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $952.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's 194 days not 197. My fingers slipped. Well, I really do feel much better about being quit. It's been a hard row to hoe. For one thing, I was very very hard for me not to feel deprived. That something I enjoyed was taken away. I was angry and resentful, that Oh Poor Me, I have to quit smoking! Or, I'll DIE! Oh yeah like it's sane to be resentful of that..... Well, there really is no accounting for feelings. There are plenty of people who took smoking to the walls of their coffins. My art school is planning a field trip to Sedona Arizona. They go on elaborate field trips. Last one was to China. This one would be by car we'd car pool. My instructor asked me if I smoked. I said no. He said 'Good because you'd never find someone to ride with, or that would ride with you. You'd be making the trip alone." Then he confided that his mother in law was recently diagnosed with severe COPD and has to quit smoking. She's struggling along, using a breather AND smoking. I'd invite her here, but she's in China and doesn't speak a word of English. Maybe there's a Chinese version. I'm so lucky to be here and have you guys. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 194 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,940.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for stopping back in, tryagain & WOW!! Listen to you, you sound more positive & sure of your quit than I can ever renmember. Here's to giving up the gum for good, soon! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $968.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey No. I'm right here 197 days worth! I just got really sick of whineing about not smoking. I'm tired of it. I'm sure everyone else was tired of it too. Here's what's happened. I wanted a cigarette so bad, I thought my head was going to come off. Someone offered me one and just thinking that I would get some relief from the constant craving, I lit it and took a puff. It was really, really vile. My heart started racing only this time it didn't feel at all normal. I got used to my regular steady heart rate. I started coughing. I gave it back and said "How can you DO this?" It was just about the worst thing I ever did (or maybe the best). I started spitting out the taste. I ran back to the quit and for the first time realized that I ran back because it made me feel better. The quit is my haven, my safe place from cigarette smoke. It's the place where I can relax, enjoy my nice slow steady heart rate. I am, for good, a non-smoker. It happened while I wasn't even looking. I wasn't even expecting to be a non-smoker. That was a week ago, and I've never felt better about being quit. Unfortunately the cravings are still there. I now know that these are psychological cravings, not physical cravings. I obviously don't crave cigarettes because they make me feel ill. I crave the memory of what cigarettes used to feel like. Now that I know what these feelings are, they are easier to deal with. I have not stopped the gum completely but did cut down a whole lot. I can see the day that I'll stop that, something I could not see before when I was considering going up from 2mg to 4mg, taking a step backwards. Then too, there was the issue of not being able to find out how to log in on the new site. I went back to the old engine to log in. It's looking a little brighter now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 194 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,940.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't seen a post from her for awhile, perhaps she is just taking a break. Why Audrey would you hold yourself accountable, anywho? Say you have some very nice stats Audrey! We do the best that we can do for each other that is all one can do. Let's hope tryagain posts for us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 563 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,096.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 102 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If Tryagain has gone bye bye I feel partly responsible and feel very badly... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 203 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $568.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: