Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Ahh Crap!! Bad Cravings...AGAIN!!

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, Keep on the road - believe me it WILL feel better! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 434 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,028 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tutti stay strong you have the support of everyone here you have been great in giveing me some cool advice and breathing tips in past post so hold on in there and be strong we are all here for you :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �260.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ahhh crap Tutti, don't you just hate feeling like that?? But keep in mind that yeah, we're going to feel crappy for awhile, then it's no longer going to be an issue....ever! Now won't that be great! You're doing so well. Here, you can borrow my "club". Use it to knock him back down. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 280 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1050 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
((((((((((((TUTTIE)))))))))))))) You will be fine. You have been so strong. Your reasons are fantastic. They are the best reasons ever. You have so many blessings. So do I.....and I tell myself....."what more reason do I need"? It boils down to the selfish flesh...verses the wise spirit inside us. The flesh wants to be gratifide....the common sense knows better. You keep your focus just like you have been. you have been such an inspiration to me. You are the best. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,836 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $406.77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Huge ((((hugs)))) to you, Tutti. I know how you're feeling. I have found that time is the only thing that sees me through. Some days I'm on top of the world, and other days, (these are the days my family don't understand), I'm feeling blue and could cry at the drop of a hat. I just wish Nick would leave us all alone! And he will, in time. I'm happy to be a non smoker, and FULLY expect to have some more rough days. Hang in there, Tutti, tomorrow is a brand new day! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,986 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $891 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti, You are having a tough time, it is normal and as you can see the support is flowing in. What do you need for your body? Do you need to relax? Do you need to relieve your stress? Do you need to take you time? It is important to realize what is needed and this thread is a great way to validate your quit :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone!! I'm doing much better this morning. Cravings are so weird. I swear, they'll have me grinding my teeth one minute and not thinking about them at all the very next minute. I feel fickle. LOL Try, I know what you're saying. Right now, I have a really bad sore throat from the oak trees pollinating. Once upon I time, like a dumb*ss, I would have smoked WITH this horrible sore throat. Now I can't even imagine doing that to myself. I'm getting to where I don't have thoughts of smoking or cravings all of the time. They just come out of left field from time to time and knock me on my butt. But I crawl over to my computer and start typing to you guys. LOL Stay Strong with Me, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,856 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $226.17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to barrel out of bed every morning because standing made it easier to breathe and I'd be coughing to blackout. Yet, I could hardly wait to get that cig in my mouth. Lately, I've been barreling out of bed to do something to stop the craving. It's no longer a horrible bad, terrible, craving, it's just aggravating enough to be irritating and is just about always there. I've had a couple of rough days without the cravings but that only aggravates them. I've been reading posts and it looks like around 90 days (almost there) is a rough patch for most but sometime after 100 days the corner is turned and the sun comes out of the smoke clouds. I've got 15 days to go until 100 days. I have something to look forward to. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,564 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $850 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Serenity, That was a really motivating post. Thanks for giving us all a peek at the future. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tutti, I am not on here so much these days as with the new job, there just never seems to be time. But YOU will remember me I am sure1 lol - The self pitying ***** who crept out of the woodwork a while back, maybe around the stage you are at now? and moaned about how awful my WHOLE life was, NOT just the quit? And here I am. 133 days quit. I hardly ever get cravings now. I get moments that are more like, uncomfortable, know what I mean? Like the other night, my ex hubby called. I'll spare you the details except to say his new partner and soon to be wife had had a right ***** to my 18 year old's face and hurt and wounded her. Then told her she is NOT to be invited to her dad's wedding!!!! The ex called to make weak excuses for his partner's behaviour and I was just soooooooooo mad I was shaking with it. But these days, all I think/recognise is "I'm feeling shaky with anger I must get a handle on it" I don't think I must have a smoke! If I can get to this stage Tutti, you can too. I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to know that I have FINALLY thrown away the "crutch" and am dealing with real life in a real way. Right out there. Not hidden behind minging (is that just a Scottish word?!) smoke. Stay strong. Better days are round the corner. Past 100 days is soooooooooooooooooooooooo nice. Spend your smoke money on something for that grandchild and remember your rewards are even more important on the tough days. Plan nice things just for you. Love, Serenity x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,662 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �798 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21

Reading this thread: