Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Why the 90-100 day blahs?

17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anyone have any reasons or theories on why at the 90-100 day time, some of us get cravings, or increased smoking thoughts? It doesn't make sense to me. We should be feeling great by then! I've been thinking about smoking more now than I did in earlier stages. I suppose I was so proud of myself for quite a while that I was on a type of "high". That high is gone, and my sinuses still bother me, (I've always had allergies, but assumed they would improve after I stopped smoking), and I'm still trying to find what to replace smoking with. I exercise, and eat differently, but still sometimes am searching for that "fix". I'm so tired of it... wanting the fix. I'm not going to smoke, but what the h#@# do I need to do? I was out of town all last week at a conference, and enjoyed not having to stop and smoke, but why does my mind want to have these little fixes all day. I suppose that's the way I learned to think as a smoker, and maybe I'm simply dealing with how to think as a non-smoker. Whatever, it's getting on my nerves, and getting me down a bit lately. I'm tired of using food as a fix, especially when I don't even enjoy it half the time. I feel like I forgot how to just live lately. Anyone else felt this way at this stage or have suggestions? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,481 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: