Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

It's a very tough morning

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A Southern Poem for Porky ;p Porky's my pal. Oh where can she be? We was friends Her and me. But then one day She went a missin' I begged her to write But she wouldn't listen. The End :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,015 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Tutti It started about the 2nd week. I have a pretty serious history of depression and have been worried this last week that it's starting to get bad again, but am working on dealing with is on my own. Well, between me and all those here that I can talk to. I am pretty strong willed about not goiong back to meds, and have started posting in a depression site as well, but I think that the quit is the beginning of it all and am hoping that as i get stronger in this, it will go away. But I am still a little scared. Quitting is hard enough without having more hanging over me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 436 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
hey girls. Don't worry about the slump. Don't let it get you down, or you wont be able to avoid it. Just keep telling yourself, you can do this. And who knows, you may just discover that you are feeling better. We are all here for you, even though each of us experiences the quit differently, for me it's pretty bad depression, but don't let it beat you. You can do it! You are stronger than you thought, I am sure, just by making it this far. Please, don't make it all for nothing. Stick with us and we can all do it together. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 436 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hey Terry, Good for you. You are able to realize this may be harder thoday than usual and are taking steps to keep being a non-smoker. I am so proud of you. Maybe you could try painting. I find it really helps to keep my mind of this, and you can alternate between sitting ans standing while you paint. Or maybe some puzzles you can work on when you do sit to relax. Always remember your mints, or gum, or whatever you may be using to keep your gums busy. As long as something is in your mouth, you won't be thinking of lighting up. And when you do get moving around, write a post and check often. Take it from me, on a hard day, nothing helps more than remembering you have friends out here pushing for you to beat this. This is a wopnderful support group and should help you to go far.Let us know how you are feeling. Tara [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 234 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $74.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL I wouldn't punch you. But I may buy a punching bag. ;p I finally started on the Chantrix yesterday. I kept putting it off cause of the cost. I gave in and was going to put it on the credit card. Come to find out my insurance did cover it and now hubby is going on it too. I know that is going to make it alot easier for me if he quits. The cravings are still real strong. Plus the weather is still crappy. But I'm finding things to do. My back is feeling much better and I have cut way back on the painkillers. So all is good. I'll keep ya posted on our progress. Hopefully it will be all good stuff. Stay strong and stay with me please. Love, Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,284 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
I hear every word you are saying. I do get tired of fighting all these feelings. Sometimes I just want to throw my hands up and say give me one...But I haven't. I finally will start the Chanrix tomorrow. The doctor thinks it will help. Since I have came this far everyone says just do it. I say if this pill can help me fight then I will take it. No word on the Echo :mad: He knew I was waiting. The only exercise I can do is walk and with retaining all this water I can't hardly do that. I'm getting so fed up.. So now that I said all that---How is everyone else feeling? I hope it will get easier as more days go by.. Right now I'm just praying I don't punch anyone ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,209 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Thats neat how we did the same job. I worked for a friend and my job was the bathrooms. These houses are estate homes. The bathrooms are as big as some of the other rooms. Showers that can easily hold 10 people or more!!! I have cleaned up enough paint and drywall mud to last a lifetime ;p But it kept my weight down and the pay was good. Not to mention working with alot of good looking men :p The demons bothered me all through the night. It was either the demons or my pug puppy hehe. I didn't sleep well at all. Hope you have another smoke free day! Sometimes it feels like I'm hanging on a thread. I want to smoke and then I think of all the reasons I don't won't smoke and then try to reason which one is more important. Sound crazy? I know which one is more important but it sure can be a tough choice at times. Stay strong. Hopefully today you will feel better. It's ok to be crabby heck we are crabby!!!! Have a good day, Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
I have been so mean that nobody wants to talk to me. Which is ok. I don't want to talk to them either. I had some real strong cravings today too. I have to fight myself all day long. The evenings aren't as bad cause my Husband is working. So I don't have to smell them. Although I think they smell bad now I would love to have one. But I won't... Spring is coming and I want to be ready with my new back so I can do all the things I haven't been able to do. Plus I have to find another job. I was doing new construction cleaning and I can't do that anymore. So I'll be job hunting in 8 weeks when I am released. Hope tomorrow goes better for us. I'm going to bed now so the demons will leave me alone. Have a great night. And keep in contact please... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 542 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Hi Tutti. The last 24 hours have been pure hell. Along with this healing process and quitting smoking I just found out my daughter is in an abusive relationship :8o: I should have seen the signs but with everything going on I somehow missed it. Last night was awful and I wanted to smoke a whole pack at one time. But I didn't!!! I feel God is testing me or the devil is trying to get me. LOL Not sure yet.. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I have taken my 2 grandchildren away from her until she comes to her senses. She is such a good mother that i just don't understand what has happened. But hopefully she will think about all I said to her last night and see the light. I feel like I'm losing the battle today. Help me stay strong please!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 482 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Hello again. I am thinking positive. My daughter has kicked the bum to the curb. At least thats what she said. I have no reason not to trust her but I'm still keeping the kids for awhile. She can use a break. And they do help me not smoke. They both hate it. Another plus for me. You have been so nice to me. I am so grateful for that. I'm still not quite sure what to say to others since I'm not even sure what to say to myself. Does that make sense? Some of them I wish good luck to but the others are so much wiser than me that I just read their thoughts. Today was alot of cravings day. But I am drinking the water and saying things to myself. Like what a difference it will be when I truly kick this habit. Sometimes I cuss myself out too. :p I hope we stay together through all this. I'm glad that I have connected with someone. Stay strong and thanks for hanging with me!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: