Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

It's a very tough morning

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning all! Hey Tutti. Yes I have had cravings and sometimes I just want to scream. I have been job hunting,babysitting and trying to do things I couldn't do before. The doctor canceled my appointment last Tuesday. Had an emergency. I was looking forward to seeing how my back is healing. It still bothers me some but not like it did before the surgery. I just feel so limited sometimes. The job hunting is going slow. I do have some more interviews but talk about stressful!!!!!!!!Then to have a big ass craving hit me. Theres still not a day that goes by that I don't think about cigarettes. But I am to far into this to turn back now :) My reward for my 60 day mark didn't come. I ended up having to babysit all day and by nightime I fell into bed. So I owe me something nice. hahaha I hope your cravings ease up. Some days are just easier than others. And truthfully I am so sick of WATER. I'm tired of drinking it :p I have gone back to diet pepsi. Even after I take 2 mile walks I pop open a soda. I know its not as healthy as water but it sure does taste better. Your right. The time has flew by. But going through it sure didnt seem to go that fast did it? Hubby is still smoking. He really cut down for awhile and then boom he is right back to where he was. Says the Chantrix interfered with his sleep. He is a shift worker so he had lots of problems taking it the same time everyday. But I could write a book on his problems. hahahaha Hope everyone has a great day. Sorry its been so long since I have posted. I'll try to do better. Stay strong! Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,805 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $744 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Porky, Girl, where are you? I really do miss hearing from you. I know you're busy but I wish you'd post when you get a chance. Are you doing okay? Any cravings? Any news from your doctor? Post and fill me in on all that stuff. You know how nosy I am!!! ;p Okay, today I've had some pretty bad cravings but tonight, they're horrible. I've been grinding my teeth because the cravings are so bad. Damn it. I mean, I wish I could make that nicodemon come to life in a PHYSICAL FORM. I'll tell you for sure, I'd seriously beat the crap out of him. I won't even go into the torture treatments I'd put him through but you can imagine. :eg: Isn't it wild that at 63 days those cravings come back and knock the wind out of my sails? Have you been feeling down in the dumps some and really, really tired? I have so I wondered how you were doing. I really having to FORCE myself to do things. I'm getting tired of that and want my energy and motivation back again. Post when you get a chance, okay? Look at our meters. Man, can you believe our stats? It seems like just yesterday we started our Quits together. Hugs and Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,839 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $226.17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Porky, Thanks for checking in! Glad to hear you're doing well. What do you have planned for the big sixty day milestone? Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri - You sound great! And, busy of course! Glad you've been able to get outside (weather here is still dreadful!) and seem to be getting more & more mobile. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,884 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $344.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 10

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi guys! Been busy on my end. Illinois finally has some awesome weather. Been doing alot outside. Well as much as the doc will let me. This Friday will be 12 weeks since surgery so I'm hoping for that release. I have a job interview on Tuesday. They don't allow no smoking no where on the property. They make you clock out and leave the property if you want to smoke. If you don't smoke then you get paid for the break. Even though I have quit I don't find this real fair. Maybe nobody will agree with me but thats how I feel about it. Oh well it won't matter to me anyway :) Hope everyone is staying strong. Can you believe I almost have 60 days on my meter. I am so proud of me. hahaha Hubby hasn't quit yet but he is sure cut down alot. I'm hoping he will make it. But its up to him. Tutti and Changing and Jan58 and everyone----Hope all is going well. I'll try to check back in tonight. Have a great day all.. Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $696 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heya Porky, I'm glad you liked my little poem. ha ha ha ha Okay, we're right here at 10 weeks.....AND I'M STILL CRAVING!!! :mad: How about you? I hope they're leaving you alone while going on interviews. I know that's nerve wracking. I always dreaded going on job interviews so much that I'd work myself up into hissy. Hissy? What the hell? Where did that come from? What's the word I'm looking for? :confuse: I'm totally blank from these "God Awful" cravings I'm having right now. Hmmm, let me guess....A 70 Day slump!!! :mad: I figure you know which word I'm trying to think of. Anyway, when I'd get to the interview, I'd do just fine. You'll be the same way, Porky and you'll find a job in no time. I'm so glad the doctor released you to do some work. Is it warm where you live? I wondered if you were able to get out and enjoy your garden. Well, we're here at the 10 week mark. Is it me or does it seem like a year? ;p We have to hang in there together. We've come too far to turn back now, right? Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $251.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terri, Thanks for checking in. You may want to take advantage of your nerve wracking interviews to employ some new relaxation strategies prior to your interviews. Good practice! Keep persevering! Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
[color=Orange]HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY![/color] So happy to hear from you Terri! I know how trying the job search thing can be - hang in there - you'll find something! Hey Lady - if you quit smoking, you can do anything! We're all here for you whenver you need us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,157 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

:) Hahahaha Thanks for the laugh Tutti. Changing is right---you are the best!!! I've been reading the posts late at night but I have been so tired lately. Went to the doc on Tuesday and he did release me to do some work. I've been job hunting :( Not much fun but I have to work. I can even lift 15 lbs now. I have been going to interviews and man I sure don't like that. Makes me nervous. Been craving big time this week. I'll try to post more often. I don't want ya to think that I'm missing in action and smoking on the side. lol The one good thing about a new job is I don't have to wonder if we are allowed smoke breaks. Thats pretty cool. How are all of you guys doing? I'm back to not sleeping good again. Got to much on my mind though. I know its probably normal.... Take care and I'll really try to stay in touch more often. Thanks for the concern. Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $792 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Tutti - You are the best! I love your poem! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: