Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

It's a very tough morning

17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tutti & Quilt - You two made me laugh for the first time today. Maybe the Stones can make a new album "Stinky Fingers" with a picture of Quilt & I on the cover! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,053 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $377 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 11

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Didn't the Stones have an album by that name? Or was that 'Sticky Fingers' ?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $335.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tole ya, and tole ya, and tole ya....It's the 60 Day thing and the change of seasons. It'll go away........won't it? :quest: Ya'll are sniffing your hands? Hmmmm? Hey, don't do that in public....okay? People might get the wrong impression. :blush: LMAO!!!! Hugs, Tutti ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,908 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Quilt - I can relate big time! Isn't it funny - the hand sniffing thing - I keep doing it too! The smoking thoughts have been gnawing at me too. I know that we won't smoke, but man is this getting tiring! :confuse: Maybe it's the 60-day thing, maybe it's the change of seasons, or maybe it's some other thing. Frankly, at this point, I don't care what it is - I just want it to go away!!! We'll hang in there together - all of us!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $377 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey you quitters, Criminy, have I been wanting a smoke. For the life of me, I don't know why. I certainly don't NEED one. In fact, I realized over the weekend that I was still sniffing my hands after washing them - to see if they reeked of cigarettes before I washed my face or washed my hair. I haven't even gotten out of the habit of stinking, why should I assume the habit of smoking would be easy to break? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $335.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Changing, This spring weather is definitely a huge trigger for so many of us and then add that slump at 60 and 90 days, it's quite a fight. I noticed all weekend that we were all posting but, we were reading more than we were posting. I could tell after reading only a couple of posts that we were all struggling. It seemed like there was just something in the air. It seemed like being still and quiet while reading the posts is what we needed to do. Changing, you're doing so great because you're exposing yourself to things and situations as a non smoker. I know it had to be so hard to go for a visit for the first time without smoking. I haven't done that yet. I really need to expose myself to a lot more than I have been. I feel like I've been hiding out. :8o: LOL You, Legend, and MomMom have taken trips now without smoking. I haven't done that and I haven't exposed myself to other smokers either. Legend went fishing with his daughter and was around other smokers but I don't feel ready to be around smokers. Come to think of it, the only smoker I know now is my son-in-law and he never has smoked around me. Even when I smoked he went outside to have a cigarette. So, I know I have to start going places and doing things as a Non Smoker. I'll just have to passify my time with other things other than cigarettes. I guess that's all part of learning how to live a smoke free life. Don't you curse the day you ever took that first puff? I know I do. It's raining here today and I'm busy here at work. But when the sun starts shining again, I think a boom box and some good Cds might help me to sit out on my porch with my tea. Even if it's for a shorter period of time. ((((Hugs)))) Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,903 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Hi Tutti, I was in North Carolina visiting a friend...it was my first time there as a non-smoker. So, I had to get used to being there without smoking, and it was tough! This beautiful weather we're having is also serving as a trigger - the nicodemon is saying "It would be so nice to sit outside with a cold drink and a smoke". I know, I know, I won't do it! I've read a bunch of posts talking about the struggle in adapting to each season as a non-smoker, so I know I'm not alone. You know what else is hard...(geez, I'm such a moaner today!)...as I get more & more days on my quit count, people in my life expect me to be "over the smoking thing". In their minds, by now I should be cured. When infact, it seems to be getting tougher lately. Okay. I'm done complaining. It's a beautiful day. The sun is shining. I have tons of support here. And most importantly - I don't smoke! Hugs to you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,046 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $377 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Changing, How was your trip? Did the demon leave you alone while you were gone? I'm with you, I get sooo tired of fighting the little $#%%$*#. :mad: There were several of us around the 60 Day mark and around the 90 Day mark who were having some rough times over the weekend. I started craving and having those thoughts of smoking but by Saturday, it was getting pretty hard to deal with. It sort of felt like the beginning of my quit only not as bad. Just bad enough. I talked to Phil on IM Saturday night and I posted that I was having a bad time. Then I read a lot posts and went to bed, dreading Sunday morning because I just knew I was going to have to go through another day of cravings and fighting. But, I woke up Sunday morning and I was fine. LOL I hate it when Nic sneaks up on me. He tends to SNEAK around a lot. I was right in the middle of typing the above paragraph when I felt an annoying crave come on. Two seconds earlier I was just fine. Phfft!! Oh, it's a manageable crave and it won't last long...it's just annoying. I hope you're doing really good. Post and let me know, okay? I know it was hard not to have Internet access all weekend. Did you wound anybody? :eg: Your Stats Look SOOOO Great!!!! Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,901 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $229.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Hi! I was so happy to read these posts - I'm sorry that you (Terri & Tutti) have been having some tough times (busy, sick, cravings), but it felt nice to be back in touch again! It's really incredible how relentless this struggle is...I get so tired of fighting this demon! :mad: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,045 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $377 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good Morning!! Hey Porky, Cravings are so weird. I had been having them for a few days but then yesterday and last night, they were horrible. This morning though, they're gone. I don't know what'll be going on an hour from now but for right now, I'm not craving at all. Thank God. I'm having a lot more days where I'll go for long periods of time not thinking about cigarettes. I mean, I'll wake up in the mornings and won't think about smoking for hours. Then it'll hit me, "Hell, I haven't thought about a cigarette yet today." LOL Even this morning, after craving so bad last night, I woke up and the first thing on my mind was, "Ah man, I gotta pee and I don't want to get up." :mad: Don't you just hate that? LOL So those constant thoughts of smoking aren't with me now like they were UNLESS I'm craving. I'm so glad you're getting around so much better. I feel sorry for you having to job hunt. I've always hated that. But you'll find the one that's right for you and then you'll settle in and feel comfortable doing it. Make sure you get a job that isn't too strenous. You'll need to pamper that back from now on. I have to make myself drink water now. I'll drink it, especially when I'm craving!, but I don't drink near as much as I did in the beginning. I went back to drinking my diet coke. LOL But at the first sign of a crave, I'll run for a bottle of water. You know, I didn't do anything for my 60th Day either. I did for my 50th but completely forgot about a reward on Day 60. Then again, I have been piled up on the couch trying to get rid of a really bad cold and a sore throat. The worst sore throad I've ever had!!! So, I guess all that laying around I've been doing is my reward. But YOU do need to reward youself for those 60 HUGE days. You deserve it and I know you've been super busy. Crap, I don't know how you've managed to do so much!! But you do need to make time for a nice reward...you need to make time for yourself. Let me know when your doctor's appointment is and how it turns out. Okay? I can't wait for you to get some really great news. Hugs and Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,854 [B]Amount Saved:[/

Reading this thread: