Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

It's a very tough morning

17 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know I thought that was great too. After just talking about them babies and now here comes another. How awesome is that? I just talked to my daughter on the phone. She is on her way to work and feeling much better today. That "thing" she kicked out is not the father of her kids. Thank God!!!! She was scared that I would smoke too. I said if I have gone through all this crap and haven't lit up then maybe this is the real deal. Today is starting out real good. I hope it stays that way. Have a great smoke free day grandma to be ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
Haha Thats just to funny. Maybe if we had bit of honey and couldnt open our mouths we would never smoke ever again. I laughed at that one. I'll try these red hots and things. Yipee a trip to Walmart. I'll be getting out of the house again. Thanks for staying in touch. And really thanks for the laughs. I need all them I can get today. Staying strong with you guys... Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Hey Tutti I feel like a yo-yo today too. I had a bad night last night. I sat to long and had my back hurting. I took my meds and I wanted to smoke sooooo bad. But I didn't. Today I am just a crab. Energy is low. Trying to fight this depression. 8 more days til I see the doc. I sure hope he lets me do more. I know thats going to make this a little easier. Yeah I'd hate to see you get fired for being on the net. haha. That could cause you to light up ;p Hope you have a great day. We getting there. Hey whats the deal with Phil and the Tuesdays? Am I missing something? It seems to be a joke but I missed out I guess. Have a good one. Hope to hear from you soon. Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Ah I'm so sorry about your grandbabies. Hopefully you will get some soon. They mean the world to me. I'm doing this for them too. I did alot of walking and thinking today. I think your husband meant well. But there shouldn't be any cigs. in reach. To tempting!!! My husband has them all over the house. So far I just walk past them and think "I will not cave". I am getting better at it. I wish he would make it easier but he's not and I just have to deal with it. The weather was pretty nice today. Little chilly but sunny. They are calling for storms the next few days. I hate that. Maybe I will just sleep them away. LOL Thanks for remembering its been a week. It always helps to hear someone say congrats. Stay strong I may need you alot. :) Terri PS-The smokes must cost alot more here by comparing our meters. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 403 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Well I have made it for 2 weeks now. Doctors day is in 2 days and I'm holding lots of hope with this visit. The crap that has been thrown at me the last 5 weeks has been unbearable. Changed my way of thinking alot. If I made it through this last 2 weeks I'm pretty sure I can make it the rest of my life. ;) Unless stress kills me first. Thanks for all the help. Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 694 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Thanks Jan and Tutti. Sorry I missed this yesterday. I had a good day. Very productive with all the limits placed on me. I can hardly wait until the 8th to see how the bone and tissue are doing. Also the look on the doctors face when he learns I am fighting the battle on this smoking thing. This morning I had major cravings and I don't feel as upbeat as yesterday but the day just started for me too. Stay strong and we will win.. Love to you Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 602 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Thanks guys for everything. Today is hell day. Or should i say another hell day. LOL Sometimes it is depressing when you read posts from people who have quit for a long time and still have bad days. I was hoping there was a magic number and on the day all the crap would be gone. haha Not going to happen is it? I hate when my husband smokes in the house. It really smells and makes my cravings stronger. Isn't that sad when I can smell how bad they stink and still want one? Well I have just about made it through another day so guess I'll just keep doing it one day at a time :) Trying to stay busy isn't easy right now but I only have 4 more days until I go to the doctor. I sure hope he lifts at least some of these restrictions. Have a great day and stay strong and thanks for keeping me strong! Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 621 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Hi Tutti, When I went to the doctor for my 6 week check up he found my legs swollen then my feet and my hands. He made me see my primary who didn't like what he seen so ordered lots more tests. So I'm waiting on results. Yes I am very *****y. lol I am not having trouble sleeping because they still have me on lots of meds. And the kids wear me out so I drop into bed and pass out. Sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I became a grandmother at age 39!!! What a shock for me. I still had one kid at home in high school. So I have never had the empty nest thing. Looking forward to it one day though. Maybe thats what I should think of every time a crave hits ;p Cause I'll have to live to be really old before I am kid free. LOL I feel better today. I have 4 flower gardens but they depress me because the doctor won't let me work in them. He sure had to deal with my bad mood though... Hope your weekend goes well. I hope everyones weekend goes well. Stay strong. I'm watching for you... Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 883 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $228 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Changing, Believe it or not I had to go back to my primary today because of water retention. He did the dreaded chest x-ray along with some other tests. I am really being tested now I think. lol Somedays it feels like everything is coming at you. As I was leaving the doctors office my very only thought was wish I had a smoke. Now how crazy is that? I won't go back to smoking. It's the reason I'm having all these problems now. On the bright side the weather is getting nicer. I can walk more. Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Hey Tutti. Today didn't go so well. The doctor won't let me nothing for 6 more weeks. He increased my walk time to 20 minutes and he increased my lifting to 10lbs. I am so down. I did get the script for Chandix though. I hope it helps me. I have been fighting so hard. Keeping these grandkids and trying to becareful is really taking its toll on me. I am trying so hard to be patient and ignore these cravings but it seems each day is getting harder and harder. I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle but he sure is testing me. LOL I haven't caved yet but I have came very close. I hate that hubby smokes around me. But I have to be much stronger than him. Sometimes I'm tired of being strong. The doctor sure was happy though. He has faith in me. He said I must have been born stubborn. If only he knew. ;p Thanks for looking me up. I've just been very busy. I drop into bed and I am totally exhausted. It's hard being a mother again at 50. lol Stay strong. I'm real proud of you girl!!! Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 810 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: