Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

HELP !! Angry... sooo angry

17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just an update... Well neither of us smoked so we are on to Day Four. We were extra special nice to eachother this morning... I even put a note in his work bag telling him how proud I am of him. So we spent the rest of the night talking about rewards... and we decided that as our big treat we would save the money we would have spent and treat ourselves to a week in Italy!! This has been a dream of both of ours so I'm even more juiced for this quit now. Otis I think you're spot on in arguing just as an excuse to smoke. I'm definitely going to work on avoiding arguments and doing my deep breathing and yoga when feel stressed. Hey I might even go for a run with the hubby! Anyway thanks again guys. I think the support in this forum is going to help me (and hubby) make it this time. You are all such superstars!! Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 12

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

My hubby and I just had a major blow up. He quit as well this week, and I guess our irritation collided. I want a cigarette sooo bad right now. He said hes just going to smoke so he doesn't feel so angry. Help!! Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks guys... OK I'm breathing and reading my list of reasons I quit... hubby popped his head in and I made him promise he wasn't going to get smokes. Hes going for a run instead to cool down... I'm going to eat some chocolate and play some solitaire...seems to distract me. I can do this. We were going to have an arguent at some point. When he gets back I'll give him a hug and kiss.... men!! Starting to feel better... THANKYOU!!!!!!!! Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

OK I'm calm again.. thanks guys... that was a close call... seriously I was considering looking for butts in the car. God damned junkie brain. I am so determined to beat this. I'm definitely talking to hubby when he gets back about how to deal with our obvious irritable moods and some ways to reward ourseleves this week. We were both doing good. But, on the bright side, I got through this and I REFUSE to have another cigarette. It helps just writing here. Thanks for listening!! I also just noticed that my chocolate tastes better than before. See things are already looking up. You guys are awesome and I am so full of gratitude to be able to come here and ask for help and getting such great advice. I've been reading the hall of fame and its inspiring. Anyway better go deal with the hubby. Much love Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$327,088.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband would start a fight with me just so he could go and smoke during some of early stop smoking attempts. I finally figured out what he was up to so I try and avoid any fights during our quit this time around. Otis
  • Quit Meter

$27,257.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 13

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danni, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. I think your husband had a good idea. My husband always runs to clear his head. Hopefully yours will not be running by a store.:) Regarding men, remember what they say. You can't live with them and you can't live without them. Of course all you men at SSC are an exception. We know that we do not want to try to live without you. You give good advice and also insight into how to deal with the men in our life. Danni keep the strength. Enjoy your game and let us know how it is going. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Noooooo Don't do it Stressbessy. You are on day three, that is a big day. Don't give up now. It sounds like both you and your husband realize that the current situation is in part due to the stress of quitting. Now instead of fighting with each other start celebrating your victory and fight together for your quit. If you really need to discuss an issue, then come back and talk when you both are calmer. Now count to 10, scream in a pillow and go take a warm bath. Give your husband a big hug and a big kiss (without smokers breath :))and go to bed. Also, tell him please don't go get that pack. It really will not solve anything. I know this moment is tough, but this too shall pass. Please keep posting if you need to. We are here to help pull you through. Just think of us as your life line. Grab hold and hang on tight. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Hi Danni, I am glad to here that today is going better. Boy that is an awesome reward :) With the trip to look forward to I know both of you can make it. Just look you are already on day four. Have a great day and keep us updated. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Danni, You and your husband are doing great. Be proud of eachother. I have a tip for you: Each time one of you gets cranky or mad, the other one has to tell him/her that the body is healing and that that is such a good sign. Hug eachother and make the other person feel proud and you two will have a wonderful quit. Love Dutch xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,274 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �911.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Stressybessy...glad it's a new day and you or hubby neither gave in. Boy this is tough. You are doing really well. Keep up the good work and stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 149 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,471 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42

Reading this thread: