Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Hellish weekend - thank God it's nearly over.

17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2tone... that made me laugh! Mother-in-law must have spent the entire time in the garage at 4 packs a day! I, like you, have never smoked in someone else's house, even if they told me it was okay! Same with other's vehicles. If I needed to smoke, I always drove. It will be nice not to always have to be the driver though. Just thought of that.. another plus to not smoking! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenty - Good for you on hanging in there! That people pleasing will get ya every time! I too, am a people pleaser, but since I stopped smoking, I've stopped the people pleasing so much. Good for you... you learned something, even though you had a bad few days. Take care of YOU first! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
serenity2 - I sent my visiting, 4-pack-a-day smoking mother-in-law out to the cold garage a few weeks ago to smoke her precious cigarettes and she hasn't been back since. Even when I was a smoker, I would never consider smoking in someones elses house unless they were smokers and offered me to. I've never smoked in a non-smokers car, either. Smokers should be outside, because they wreak. I don't really care who they are and I felt that way even when I was one of them! -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$357,651.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 18

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity: Nice guys do finish last, don't they? Lessons learned, I hope. Stop being so nice, for heaven's sake! Quitting smoking means never having to say your sorry (doesn't it?). But you never caved, girl, not once! That should demonstrate to you how strong a commitment you've made to yourself. Congratulations for getting through a very difficult time with flying colors! Keep the faith -- and your stellar quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $840 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity, What a frightful test this weekend has been for your quit! BUT looks like you made it and have plenty of work to do now, getting that nasty smell out of your house! LOL I too am a people pleaser, so I know how "fun" that is! But the older we get, the more we learn, right? Take care of yourself and make sure you think of yourself and your quit first, okay? Congrats for making it through the weekend! You should be very proud of yourself! Plan a sweet little reward for yourself, you definitely deserve it! Be proud, Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $326.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can't believe how bad I've felt over the past few days. Have a fair idea why. I mean, I had a mate and her son coming to stay, so I stressed out before she got here, stressed out while she WAS here, didn't stay busy and (for some stupid and people-pleasing reason) allowed her to smoke in my house. Sitting at my tabel, smoking laods in front of me with me stressed out and drinking! Have felt like every bit of me was crawling all weekend. I feel better now she's gone but deprivation is still in my head more than it's been other than the first few days of my quit. One thing's for sure, nobody but NOBODY smokes in my house again! But for now, I just want to feel better and to have all this quitting smoking stuff back to not being the absolute only feature of my life! S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,483 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: