Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Smoky Reflections...

17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its that time of night...Do you remember? Everyone is fast asleep except you. You're the last one up at this hour because your head just won't shut up. So you go get another cup of coffee (or whatever it is you'll have.) and you had that last reflective smoke. Thats the one I'm craving tonight. Why, in heavens name, did we ever think we needed a smoke to think about our day? Its OVER! Whats the point? Sooooo, I decided to come here instead. It doesn't want to let go...no. I haven't let go of IT. Ahhh...realization settles in. Isn't it great to be able to come in here to talk things over with yourself and/or others? And not worry about how crazy you sound talking about yourself in 3rd person? I'm NOT giving into you, nic. NOT tonight. NOT ever again! Hope everyone has a peaceful night. Pat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 282 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$95,400.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 13

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, everyone. Yes, today is much better, thanks. Today has been so nice! Temps in the 50's, clear skies! We went to the university art museum this afternoon and looked at some of the neatest stuff! Anyone here ever here of Monkey Pots? Its one of the exhibits there. They look like melted pumpkins hanging in the trees outside. Very strange looking, indeed! Anyway, it was a great reward for getting through my first week. Hope everyone has a great weeekend! :)Pat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$95,400.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 13

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ahhh - The last smoke of the day...good times, I tell you. After the last smoke, I would wash my hands and brush my teeth because I couldn't stand the smell of myself in bed. Boy, I'm really not gonna miss that one...i think it's funny how I would defend my right to smke and then do everything I could to cover it up. Keep fighting... Peace. 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 93 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$357,753.38

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9153 Hours: 7

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ttin - Hope you are doing fine today. So glad you posted. I still get those urges in the evenings (so I have been getting up earlier in the morning and going to bed earlier at night) For many years my hubby and I disagreed about whether we needed a t.v. in the bedroom. Finally, I gave in and bought him one for his birthday. That t.v. and remote have been my new best friend during this quit. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $545 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat How on earth can you drink coffee at that time of night. If I drink coffee after noon I am awake all night!!! I know that evening feeling though.For a while I was going to bed at 7.30pm!!! Happy New Year Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,005 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �750.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ttin, Not only do you not have to worry about how crazy you sound but you can expect pats on the back for it. We much rather hear you on our boards talking yourself down then the alternative. You're starting to develop some new coping skills. This is a good thing so keep persevering! Also be sure to keep up with your reward system, this is equally important. If you're experiencing sleeping disturbances, there are a few things you can do: * Go to bed and get up at the same time everyday. * Avoid napping during the day * Increase your level of physical activity. This may help you fall asleep faster. * Avoid watching television late at night. This disrupts your brain's ability to start winding down. * Avoid colas & other beverages containing caffeine. * Avoid doing other activities in your bed such as lounging, eating, ect... By doing so your brain makes the association that your bed is not for sleeping. * If you can't sleep, do not toss and turn. Get out of bed and do a quiet activity such as reading or light stretches for 1/2 hour and then try to go back to sleep. Hope this helps. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ttin, how are you now though? I'm so proud of you for coming here instead of finding a cig or buying them for that matter. You chose to come here. Pat yourself on the back for that one. I've been there many many times and each one does get easier to walk through (or type through). They also get further apart. Just keep your focus on why you are quitting and maybe its time for a reward? Heck you've made it 7 days. Hell week is over and heck week is starting. What is your reward ttin. Find somehting you have wanted to do or buy or anythng and treat yourself to that. Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 205 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $830.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know, it really doesn't matter if ole nic gets in the floor and screams and kicks......YOU can sit there and REFUSE to do anything about it.....it's that just a huggable act? Aren't you just so PROUD of yourself? YOU are the one running the show! Ignoring his fits can sometimes be really empowering..... be sure to reward yourself of winning! Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1820 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72,832 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10374 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 237 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$159,001.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5344 Hours: 15

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: