Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Mounting stress.. will be better after Fri.Nov.8th

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica: I'm so sorry you lost your father -- I lost mine in January and it was very, very tough. I can empathize. My dad never smoked and always nagged me -- even with Alzheimer's, he could still pantomine smoking, frown at me and waggle a finger. I know he's proud of me that I finally did it. When you can get through the kind of stress you're under without a smoke, that speaks volumes to your inner strength. It also reinforces that having a cigarette will in no way reduce the stress -- in fact, it will only make it worse. You're so strong -- keep the faith, sister. You'll be foremost in my thoughts tomorrow.
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, The only thing I can say is that I am awed by your strength and determination, please know that you are so very special and so very strong. The crying you are doing and the exhaustion you are feeling is not a sign of weakness or a sign that your falling apart, it means you loved and cared so deeply just as God intended you to. All my thoughts and prayers are with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 679 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone, Yesterday is over and there's is now a sense of closure, which also means that my stress levels are less than they were earlier. I had so many moments of temptations to go outside with quite a number of smoker's and ask for one.. but I did not. I kept myself busy at the wake and just steered clear of the window so that I couldn't see anyone smoking. Now it's time to move forward.. while my dad rests. He watches over me as he did when he was alive. Thanks to all.. take good care and now it's time to lay down for a bit. Hugs and love...and all my gratitude to you ! Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 789 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $351 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The stress is mounting now more than ever. I went to the thread about holding hands as I'm anxious, having anxiety attacks coupled with intense cravings. I've felt this way for many many days but now with dad's funeral tomorrow it's really hit it's peak for me. I don't know how I could have ever gotten through so many days without so many wonderful people here.. you have all been my guiding light, my support and have offered up so many wonderful posts. Now the plan is >> Take a long hot shower.. collect a few movies.. go under the covers and watch them until I can't keep my eyes open any longer. I know that after tomorrow is over I will be over most if not all of these very uneasy feelings. I'm off for the night and will return on Saturday/Sunday. Love and hugs to all of my new best friends! [url=[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/heart.gif[/IMG]][IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/heart.gif[/IMG][/url] Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 753 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, Darlin. Your abstinence honors your dad like nothing else. Period. We love you. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,944 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $209 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with MR Ed, Once tomorrow is done, the releif is going to overwhelm you. Embrace it. I admire your courage. ...Now if you will excuse me, I have a phone call I haven't made in awhile. Thank you Monica. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica - I admire your strength and I love who you are and what you give to everyone else around you. You are in my thoughts and prayers...take good care of yourself. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,758 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $435 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, our thoughts are with you. Best regards, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,048 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sending you bags of courage for the funeral. Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,932 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �384 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica baby I can only say that from my own experience the worst time is between the death and the funeral I have beeen there with my father .... I still say one of my favourite sayings regularly it came from Germany in a card someone sent us when my wifes mother die 7 years ago 'Those that die don't go away they walk beside us every day' Remember it Hugs Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,566 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �640.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: