Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

i'm freaking out again...

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate; I know how hard this is, but try to relax into the crave instead of fighting it, take some deep breaths and melt into the chair, try to melt into the floor. Auto hypnotisim of a sort. You are SOOOOOO awesome, you have 62 days! Please, mop the floor or wash your hair or take a hot soapy bath and BREATHE!! Drink some water or a caffeine free drink. ANYTHING but smoke. You remember when you did smoke, all you wanted was to quit? dON'T give up your wonderful quit now, it's a last ditch effort of the addiction to stop you! Do you realize you have been smoke free for over 2 months!?? Think, I can and I am doing this! NOPE not one puff ever.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
do you have your list of why you quit with you? If not, rewrite one. If you do have it with you, reread it Kate. I know you are keeping busy and that's good, but maybe you do need to cry. Go to the restroom and let yourself cry! It's ok, truly it is. And remember, it's always your choice. You have chosen not to for 62 days! That's so very fantastic! I can't begin to tell you how much I admire your strength and courage. You are still that same person who went through hell week and then all the other weeks adding up to 8 weeks! my goodness, how awesome that is. Hugs for you {{{{KATE}}}} and keep saying this is easy, I did it for all this time, I am doing it now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
kate, do you need to vent? Do you need a shoulder? Do you need a hug? I've got all those and more! You can IM me if you like, I'll log in. Talk to us, we want to help! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deep breaths Kate. You can through this. Its going to pass, just like any cravings we get. Keep posting, and keep strong. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi kate i know how you're feeling, felt the same way around the same time. It was hard not to give in, but i did it and i know you can too. All you have to do its not light one up...see its simple. All i can tell you is that it does get better, but it might take a couple days. Keep posting and let us know how you are, wouldn't want to lose a fellow Augustine! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,053 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $286.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate how are you doing today?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,081 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290.08 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate, Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time of it lately. I remember having a peak in cravings around the same time. I was shocked by the power of my negativity, it was almost like going back in time. I think this is pretty normal, but it will pass as soon as it arrived. Sending you big hugs! Hope you are better today! Hang in there, you're a strong quitter Kate! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sillyme Kate has left for the day but she was fine! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,547 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �404.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Thanks Parrott Lady keep at Kate she needs it right now!(And she is one of my bestest mates) Phil xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,524 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �399 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Kate You can do it babe email me NOW! Phil xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,523 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �399 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: