Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Never though living with a smoker is hellish!

17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you ex-slave for checking up on me well i lost the fight. I hve reset my quit meter .. this last week was so stressful . i had a fight with my husband we are not talking at the moment , i am establishing a new dept at work hiring and interviewing ppl all day long + my 1.5 yr daugther is teething . these are the "excuses" i am telling myself . right now i have realised how tuff it is to quit i have also realised how addicted i am . i have set my new quit date to 24th Sept . that is becasue here in egypt that is the month of fasting . i.e we dont eat or drink and of course we don't smoke from dawn to sunset . we also pray a lot and involve ourselves in doing charity work all our free time. this will be a good chance to quit cause i only smoke at work and since i will be fasting it won't be possible. this is all i can say for now .. i feel lousy i took this quit for granted and i feel i am such a loser . but anyways i swear I will do it in the end !!
Thanks Missy and Katy for the very useful replies .. you are right i am addicted . and I will use Katy's advice and ask my husband not to smoke at home not bring his cigi's with him coz it is always just there for me to pick up one.. great advice from the rest , thank you all for your suuport
Dear All; I started to feel okay with not smoking but two days ago , my husband who was away for the last ten days on a business trip returned home and omg , see him smoking is a big temptation for me . I thought I was in control but every time i see him smoke i feel like i am losing it . i didnt smoke yet but hell i am craving it , I havent had a cigarittes for the last 6 days but now i don't know how to re motivate myself. someone once said in one of the posts that were posted to me when i had a sli some seven days ago that social smokers find even more difficulty to quit because they always feel they can quit but when they actually do quit , it is even more difficult to convince themselves to stay quit coz they didnt suffer much and they belive since they made an easy quit it will be easy each time and so they fall into the trap until one day they become addicts and it is very hard for them to quit . I don't think i have reached the stage of becoming an addict but if i continue like this i will sure end up one . I want your advice if there are any sources for the people who have low nicotine addiction yet they want to quit because they fear of becoming addicts . I have done yr questionnaire and several ones and i always score very low on nicotine addiction. yet I am scared and i want you all to scare me more . I need to feel that smoking even few cigarites can kill me . even if it is one a day coz one a day will increase with time . Thank you all [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SH, Wish you all the best. My hubby smokes. It is difficult but doable. I agree with everyone, if you are having a hard time quiting you are addicted. Wake up and smell the smoke. Quit now while the quiting is good. You have 14days, you also have not smoked 75cigs. I don't care how small your addiction may be. But that is alot of toxin cocktail to be putting in your body.Do you know how much crap are in those things. You need N.O.P.E( not one puff ever.) If it will help, just keep telling yourself that next one you smoke Will kill you. If not today maybe when do turn into a chain smoker. You will have a even harder time quiting then. You can do it, it is worth it. I am on im most of day, if you would like to talk about the conflict of hubby still smoking. So far I have not choked him yet, although he is doing that to himself by smoking. Sorry for the rant. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, what great advice from both missys, this really helped me thank-you I am so glad I read peoples post they really help. h [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $43.78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$163,486.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6103 Hours: 9

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Missy said everything that I was thinking and far more eloquently than I ever could. You are an adict already - if you weren't, you would never be posting this because you could just walk away from them. You have plenty to be afraid of. What you were going through when you posted this, for one. The way that you are being controlled by a weed and looking for excuses to smoke - even just one a day. The way that you can tell yourself that you're not adicted yet - so that you have an excuse to smoke just that one. The way that you're in here wanting people to frighten you, so that you will have a good reason to turn to nicotine for support!!? Smoke is what smokers do when they are frightened or ashamed. Hel-lo If that doesn't have you afraid, then I don't know what could. Just look at what that adiction is doing to your thought process, and the games it is playing with you. Get rid of it now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $533 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, I totally agree with Rusty. Read that post over and over again. You can quit smoking just like we all can. It's all in the mind. Read a lot and you learn all about smoking and quiting. That knowledge will help you not to smoke anymore. If you really know what is in a cigaret you will not WANT to smoke anymore.... Good luck and take it one day at the time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 148 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �436.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Silly Habit, ask your hubby not to smoke in the house. If he goes outside to smoke he might cut down also. And I'm sorry but you are addicted to nicotine otherwise it wouldn't bother you to stop smoking. So you can do it with self talk and recognising your addiction is no 1 on the list. Wishing you well :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sillyhabit: Tell hubby to go outside to smoke. Make it inconvenient for him and he may join you in your quit! Wouldn't that be nice!?
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are not a loser. So do not tell yourself that. If you do, you will end up believeing it, which will serve you no good. Take an honest look at why you relapsed, then learn from it. We'll be here when you are ready to hop back on the quit wagon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$54,495.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 9

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: