Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,530 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

HELP!

17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity, It does get better. I had a rough day on Friday. I did not think i was gonna make it. After resting, going to bed because I just could not do anything else. The next day was fine. In fact i felt stupid for even thinking that way. Better to think dumb than to act it by smoking. Life does go on without the fags. I got kids too. There are my biggest motivation, also my biggest stress.LOL :gasp: Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am right there with you. Day 7 for me, I woke up this morning and laid in bed think about smoking a cig with my coffee oh my gosh it was so strong. I start going n.o.p.e over and over in my head, then I said spirt guide get me through this one, watched t.v. of 10 min then got up went to the kitchen (husband still smokes outside thank gosh) and he was there and smelled like smoke and wow i told him what was going on and he said I know and supported me I told him what n.o.p.e ment (not one puff ever) and he started to laught and we screamed it out together really loud and we started laughting together and then I was ok for now. It happens like this. Last time I went 22 days and slipped and that was because I thought I could have a puff and for me I can not and I always have to keep this in my mind. heads up they come in waves [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$163,497.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6103 Hours: 19

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey I feel the same way go read niks post it is very good. This well pass trust me but yes it has been the worst but you know what yesterday i almost bought a pack and when i went to take the movie rentals back i new i would and i left all money at home and returned my movies made it home safe and went to bed. I woke up this morning thankful that i did not smoke, and today is also hard but we just have to get it done. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$163,497.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6103 Hours: 19

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity, They don't call this Hell Week for nothing, sweetie. Yes, this is completely normal! But it will pass. What are you doing to cope instead of smoking? Gum, hard candy, suck on ice, licorice (my fave), go for a walk, talk to a friend, etc... do something instead of sit around and think about how much you want to smoke. Distraction really is key and is the best way to get rid of a craving. Hang in there Serenity... it does get better, but it will take some time. You're doing great! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 301 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,536 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1243.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rewards are great, aren't they? They're the absolute BEST part of quitting!!! Congratulations on making it through and your 5 day reward is an awesome one! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 301 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,546 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1243.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just fight it out. Just say you don't want to go back. When was the last time you had five days? Everyday is worth hanging on to. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,872 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $340.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity - you sound so much like me. I had my craves in days just like that, and my last one was at day 23... i only about 4 total (so far). Like you, i have been haivng to learn how to cope with anger and the family and all of that - i've flat out been on a get to know yourself mission actually. LOL.. I said last week when i dug out of one hole, i uncovered four more. At one point, i even thought "OMG - I want to cover them all back up with smoke now!" because I didn't want to cope. But, i'm learning to cope.. writing helps A LOT, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $533 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very very strong crave going on here. Probably as bad if not worse, than anything on day 1 and 2 - and I'm on day six???! Thought the very worst ones were past. Not that I want to go and have a fag, just feeling mega, mega uncomfortable, cat on hot bricks, wanting SOMETHING. Been going on a while now. Despite water, breathing, NRT and "Busy". Advice? Ta. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Hi guys, thanks for the support. I am still here. Still not smoking. In fact like I say, it isn't that I'm sitting thinking "I really want/need a fag". It's just that I am so uncomfortable in my own skin it's driving me mad. It eased off - very, very mildly earlier, but is back full on. Can't get out tonight for a walk (or swim, which is what I'd like) as am a single parent and my youngest is here with some mates round. Hanging on - but God, it helps to come here and read your support. Thanks, S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Oh OK, have found new "coping" mechanisms! I treated myself to a new MP3 player off the money I saved this week since my old one was busted. I've just spent some time listening to loud music, singing at the top of my lungs and swilling a little beer. (Not too much - just in case, though it hasn't caused me any difficulties. I "smoked" my fake fag instead.) Feeling MUCH better and currently downloading some more tracks to listen to later. Thanks again guys. I think I am going to make that first week S :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: