Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

well...

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate hang in there, it will get better :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $172 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i'm sorry i haven't been round a lot. I'm still with a slooow internet connection -it's been 2 months now and i cannot even do my work easily-. I just manage to read your posts..slooowly...but can't always post. So,i just wanted to say...headaches are gone,dizziness is gone almost everything is gone..no more bad physical feelings..however,there are moments-mostly when i'm bored-that i want to light one up. I realised just yesterday...i just wanted to light one up. I don't feel like this when i'm out..when i'm doing things..when i'm driving... i buy always candies so i'll have something else... it sure feels so good that nothing on me smells bad anymore!! so good!!! but these bad boring-let's light on one feelings..make menervous... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �64.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Job Just remember the craves only last about 5 min. each. This laid-back summer is getting to me too... TOO much time on my hands, but I can not leave the city, cost too much and i have my own business with no one that take care of it.. take care mon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
23 Days! That is so awesome. Find something you enjoy to keep you busy and post when you can. I understand the internet probs...we live in a rural area and when I'm at home my computer is soooooo slow. You are doing G-R-E-A-T! :)
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG BF you are so right, but I never really thought about it. I LOVE to take long soaks in the bath. As a smoker, I could never lay back in the tub and enjoy.....I always had to have my right hand hanging out of the tub clutching a smoke; a towel close by to dry off my smoking hand should it get wet; and able to reach an ashtray. Therefore, a bath was spent sitting up. NOW I can lay back with everything but my nose submerged in my bubble bath! :) Can't stay long...picked up some new bath salts and wanna try them out now that I know what the difference is!!! Thanks BF!!!!! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $512 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate. Good to hear from you. I know what you are talking about. I was a big 'I'm bored smoker'. I knew it was going to be a 'trigger' for me. So I realized early on that I was going to have to LEARN to relax. Because you know what? Non-Smokers know how to RELAX. A lot of smokers don't. They are always doing something. Of course they are because they always have to hurry up and get something done so they can hurry up and go have their fix. They have to get everything done that a non-smoker gets done in a day PLUS get all of their 'fixes'. Does that make sense to you? I am learning to RELAX. Learning how to just sit and do nothing. I mean face it, we can not distract ourselves 24 hours a day. That would be exhausting. My life as a smoker was exhausting. I never want to go back to that. So instead of thinking that you want to light up. Try thinking that you want to learn how to relax, truly relax. You know why? Because you deserve that in your new life. Congrats on your quit. I have no doubt that you will be able to conquer this small obstacle of opportunity to not smoke. And to learn to relax and to enjoy yet another aspect of freedom being given to us as a non-smoker. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,271 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$54,495.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 9

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate & Oodlechick, You both need to find a new habit to replace the old one. If you have no ideas... start trying new things. Take every opportunity that presents itself as one to try something new until you find something you love. Good luck, Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there! Don't let your gaurd down, you will be fine! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Kate. Congratulations on 23 smoke-free days. :) I think boredom is the #2 quit killer just behind family/health stress. Distraction is your best tool against boredom. Find something interesting to do. I haven't had cable internet for long and I remember the boredom of waiting for a page to load. That used to be a time I'd run out for a puff or two. Use that time to go grab a glass of water or a snack, play a bit of a computer game, do some dishes or laundry, sweep a bit of the floor, polish your desk, balance the checkbook, whatever. I know you can't complete most of these tasks, but you can get a bit done while the modem drags time out. Keep up the good quit, Kate. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 429 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1630.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 80 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You should be nervous. Don't let your guard down. That junkie is still close by. Don't listen to a word it says. Not one. Do not rationalize. You are a non smoker - don't even listen to those thoughts. Hang tough. Don't give back ground. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,947 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1198.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$99,908.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 2

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: