Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Please Tell Me It Doesn't Get Any Worse

17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Remind yourself of why you quit. I hated smoking. The cough syrup I had to swig at night to keep from coughing all night, the chest x-rays (after all, it could have been cancer), the hiding it from potential dates, the money, (I couldn't afford expanded basic cable TV, but could afford to smoke. Further, I've been in a 12 step program for years and what I've heard from people is that they do not intend to die drunk. Well, drinking alcohol actually is not my problem. Smoking is. My father died of lung cancer, and even when he was diagnosed, he still could not quit. He was too nervous then. I decided that I will not die with a cigarette hanging from my mouth. Although I may die of lung cancer, I want to die with more dignity than that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Stormy, I found that my days have been up and down. The one thing that i have been doing each is rewarding myself. I agree with Shevie 100%. Each day i do something for ME. I take a whirlpool, give myself a manicure, a facial, meditate, make my favorite dish. Something exclusively for ME. This is a treat to myself for making it through the day smoke free. You have gone through 6 days of hell Stormy,you are one day away from the end of hell week, you seriously dont want to jeopardize that and have to go through it all again do you. Be kind to yourself honey, you wont feel like this forever, you really wont. Be proud of your acheivements so far and know that we are all here to help you through. Stay strong PrincessC :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $122.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stormy, I could have wrote that exact post except I dont have a husband and I drank a wine cooler instead of wine. I have been crying over nothing really for 2 days. BUT what I do remember from my other quit that this was "normal". Nothing seems fun. Im bored and restless. The ONLY thing I want to reward myself with is a cigarette but I WONT. Right now its the only thing that would make me happy. Sweetie, trust me and the others.. it WILL get better. I PROMISE you that. grab my hand and together we will get thru this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 263 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$172,172.12

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6645 Hours: 3

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Stormy, I have been thinking about you and I wanted to check on how youre feeling. :) Please hang in there alil bit longer. It will get better and better. Down the road whenever youre tempted you can think back on how hard Hell week was and how much you NEVER wanna go thru this again. Stay strong and keep fighting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$172,172.12

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Stormy.. Big thumbs up for you!. Thats the spirit! I dont have any doubts that you will give up. Youve come so far in so few days.I just hate to see you suffer so. On to heck week! oh ya, youre so very welcome. Im just trying to look out for my fellow Extinguishers. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$172,172.12

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heck week???? Should I be worried?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 56 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
I have officially made it through "hell week" BUT I realize there is so much more to come. I am feeling better than I was earlier. (Thanks Roxy) ANY day now, I am ready for this quit to start becoming easier. I have cried more within the past two days than I have in years as my emotional well being has truly been tested. I feel bad that my wonderful husband had to see such mess and I am so grateful for his understanding. I really do want to get this behind me and live a less stressful and healthier life. Thanks everyone for your hope and your help. Here's hoping for a brighter tomorrow! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 56 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Today was by far the worst day of my quit. I pray I don't see any more of those days, but I fear I will, maybe even worse ones? After crying for hours, because I simply didn't know what to do with myself, other than pace the floor (I have gotten SO good at this too) Nothing seemed right/normal for me and I just felt like I was trying to be someone that I wasn't. And I'll be honest. I wanted that cigarette in a BAD way, and during this time, I would have smoked if I had had one. My husband gave me some support as we talked about it, but still, I was like, these awful feelings are NEVER going to go away! I wonder how much longer I can stand to feel like this? I got to one point where I grabbed a glass of wine out of my desperate situation. (I don't usually drink) I DID start to feel somewhat calmer for awhile afterwards though. But my feelings, emotions, stress, and worries, are "up there". I can think of a concern and "Boom", it kicks in and I can't bring the feelings down to a more normal level. I am worried...I know smoking won't help whatever situations, but at least I might feel a little more in control of myself, and yes, maybe even a little more at ease. I just want the "crazies" to go away. I've had enough. I can't take much more. I don't know what to do at this point, because today, I have seen only the negative side of this quit. I don't know how much fight I have left in me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
What can I say. Today is not any better than it was yesterday. I am at my wits end. I woke up this morning and as I laid there I wondered, "How long will I be able to keep it together today"? My emotions are wound as tight as a rubber band can get before snapping. My husband has spent the last 2-3 hours trying to help me, but I'm just one big blubbering emotional mess right now, and I can't make it feel better. I don't know what to do. I know everybody says it gets better and I know that it probably will in time, but I'm not sure how long I can keep feeling this way before it does in fact get better. This is SO not me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations! I was the exact same way the first week, I cried for no reason, yelled at people, totally freaked out. But IT REALLY DOES GET BETTER! The cravings still haven't totally gone away, but they are going farther back in my head. You can do it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $322.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: