Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,658 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ, Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA

T.E.A.M. N.O.P.E.

17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice post Eve! Thank you. Its true as well... but for the newcomers it DOES get better. It wont be the same, you do suffer at first think you are going insane but that feeling doesnt last.. Now I just have to make the choice NEVER TO TAKE ONE PUFF... Not EVER Yeah you are right it does take effort.. but that effort is becoming less and less and it is becomming easier, but that could be because I have failed a quit and it took me another 3 years to quit again. I am not going to fall into that trap again. In fact, apart from coming to this site I dont think about smoking at all (I know thats not saying much as I am here a lot,.. lol) but even when I am here, I feel like I am here to help and reinforce myself rather than receive help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI EVE NOPE is staying with me its something i can walk around and say to myself a couple of times per day.. Actually it saved me last night!! :) NOPE.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $667.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It's a great extension of our N.O.P.E. slogan. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 137 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, As always great post. After we make it throught this weekend we will be at the beach. I'm looking so forward. So. see you on the beach Monday Noel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,952 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $291 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 137 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, As always great post. After we make it throught this weekend we will be at the beach. I'm looking so forward. So. see you on the beach Monday Noel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,952 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $291 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] when I am here, I feel like I am here to help and reinforce myself rather than receive help. [/quote] niks that is truth, sincere and humble all in one shot :) it's like that for me to, it has turned into the giving, not the getting. I am really enjoying watching you in your journey, you are super strong and you are doing wonderfully!!! Thank you Shevie. Personally my gratitude goes out to you BIG time for your rah rah's. You have been a constant inspiration to me and alot of times that is what keeps me going some days. :) circuit we are GOING TO THE BEACH!!!! MONDAY!!!! HOORAY!!!! Yes we WILL get through this weekend...wow last days on the ship. We MUST have a big party this weekend!!!! Kudos friend on our same quit date, we are crazy April reformed exhaler troopers!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 781 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $582 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
T.E.A.M. N.O.P.E. No I'm not trying to change the NOPE slogan. LOL. But I had to share this burst of insight here. It hit me this morning when I woke up, these words in my head: TREMENDOUS EFFORT ALWAYS MEANS (T.E.A.M.) N.O.P.E. It does take tremendous effort to stay quit. To pass the crave. To make it through withdrawl. To make it out of hell week. To make it out of heck week. To make it through the fist day, the second day, the 3rd day. The first two weeks. To make it through 20 days. To make it through the 1st month. The second month. the third month. And so on. It is always a N.O.P.E. kinda thing every day and it is absolutely a milestone every moment you stay quit. Rewards are important because of what it is we are truly accomplishing here. There will probably never be anything harder than quitting smoking, so bring on the rewards!!! There isn't a reward that goes unearned here!!! We are all a team of nopers. We are all taking our power back and exerting that power toward the goal: to stay quit. Therefore each person who comes in here joins the SSC team of nopers. That's how we excersize our minds; if we remember that we are a collective of the same force giving our power to our truth than we KNOW deep down that there isn't ANYTHING that we cannot accomplish. Where your attention goes, your power goes. You CAN do anything. Have a great day everyone! Many Blessing, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $291 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great concept, Eve. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 417 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,352 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1584.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: