Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

HELP! 1st day of quit.....

17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay with it mama, and make sure you use this site to the fullest. You wouldn't believe it but everyone on here LOVES to be used and abused....lol. We are all here for you and know what you are dealing with and feeling. Be patient...(yeah right)...lol...but these feelings will pass. All of these suggestions really work, maybe just get out and go for a walk too. Take some time for YOU... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mstnmama Hang in there things do get better, one day at a time. Drink lots of water and chew gum Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
when you think you want to light one... run in hereeee.......... Congratulations!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �8.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my first day of quitting. I think that I have done pretty good so far. I feel like I am going crazy at times and feel very edgy. I take welbuterin (my dr. perscribed) and I don't know if it is working. What can I do besides EAT, bite on straws, and eat suckers. I don't know if I was really prepared for this quit like I thought. I am not going to start again though. If I can get through the next few hours that will be great because then I can sleep and relax. Any good suggestions on how to deal with the cravings, edgyness (kids are not helping like they told me they would), and concentrate more on being smoke free it would be greatly appreciated. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mstnmama, Sleep is great, deep breathing is the BEST (in my opinion) and tons of water, everytime you think about smoking - take a drink of water, (that's a lot of water!) You will find things to do that you did not do as a smoker. I remember saying outloud "What did I do all this time? SMOKE???" Oh my gosh, it was like, What a stinkin waste of time! So there you go, new habits will be forming and they will be much better than the old one. Hang in there, you're doing great. CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,751 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
G'evening mama~ -Try to stay busy (when you are not sleeping :) ) Learning how to do something new can be very distracting. Examples: Paint by numbers kits, yoga, surfing the net, learning a new language, bull riding, shooting the bull, etc. (whatever is new to you and suits your lifestyle). -Consider using something as a 'closer' after meals. This could be a certain mint, cheese, or gum. Use it everytime until you get beyond the strong cravings. -And remember NOPE (not one puff ever) repeat it in your head when you use the 'slow breathing technique' or when you need to stop junkie thinking. Congratulations on your decision to live longer. [color=blue][font=Tahoma]All the best~[/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 320 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,041 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1600 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and Welcome Mstngmama...... What your feeling right now is completely normal...the first few days can be the hardest getting the nicotine outta your system..so be sure you drink lots of water and then more water...I also was on Welbutrin and took it a few weeks before quiting which I think helped with my withdrawal cravings.......There have been alot of options here to help with the first few days of craving...drink loads of water, have licorce/sunflower seeds/cinammon sticks, celery/carrot sticks...on hand....these all do help. Sleep is wonderful and deep breathing. Post here and read alot also helps tremendously. Do let us know how your doing....we're routing for ya...you can do this !!!!! [IMG]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6451/sweetpea8bk.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,733 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1396.39 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mstn, Welcome to our support community. Many members have been where you are and I hope they share their journeys with you. Take the time to look through the program and use all the tips and tools available to you. By keeping occupied and distracted, you will be able to release those craves from getting to you. Make a list of hobbies, activities and chores that you want and need to do. This will help with distraction. Post often and let us guide you! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: