Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

You dirty rat!

17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Ed you are awesome for sharing that information with us, especially us new people. I dream about days like that and now I know they truly do exist. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on getting through all of this smoke free!! Thankyou for youre post Mr Ed, gives us all hope! kolativey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THANK YOU! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 97 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so proud of you for handling stress without smoking! I did it too, Mr Ed! I had to go to the dentist yesterday and have a nasty extraction, and I did think a lot about smoking ever sence I found out I had to go but I just kept thinking"what good would smoking do" it still would have to come out. and I got through it. So here I am, sore jaw and all and not smoking but it is over. It seems like everytime we go through these situations without smoking, it will bring it home to us that smoking wouldn't help. What's it gonna do, smoke that rat out? I don't think so. (Although it is a PESTISIDE!!!) Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $62.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$74,936.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6523 Hours: 21

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope you're heading for smoother waters soon Mr Ed, but either way you'll know you can do it without smoking. I used to think that I wouldn't be able to sustain my concentration if I wasn't smoking, but it was actually the need for the next nicotine fix which broke my concentration. I've found my concentration, especially at work, has actually improved since I quit because I'm not fretting about getting the next cigarette.... I would not have believed that when I was still smoking. Horizon BBC2 9PM tomorrow (thursday), "A scientific analysis of the perverse and persistent appeal of smoking" do you think it's worth watching? Allen Carr is one of the contributors. Lilly, PS I used to keep pet mice before the kids came along, they were beautiful, I shouldn't worry about a little rat. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$295,204.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 16

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It sure does Mr. Ed! (((hugs))) Just knowing that it can be done by someone else makes it believable. And what we believe ... we can do! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,431 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $188 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 19

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have not had a great few days this week. After a lovely week's holiday last week, I've had a bit of a setback. Went back to work on Monday and I have a few big issues with that at the moment. My daughter came back from her first year at university this week and she obviously does not want to be here. A lot of tension at home too generally. Returned home on Monday - looked out of the upstairs window into the garden, only to see a huge, and I mean huge RAT scuttling along my patio (deck). Now this may be normal in your neck of the woods, but here it's positively bad news (Shevie, can I borrow your gun please?) .. another sighting of the monster rat yesterday too (is this the NicoDemon personified?) OK, I'm rambling on a bit.. No I don't want any sympathy. (I feel a lot better today). My point is that, over the last few days, I've felt lower than any time this year. And my point isn't that I got through it without smoking either. The point is that my black mood didn't make me think of having a smoke at all. Not one bit. All you Newbies out there, it IS possible to have bad days when you've quit for several months, but what I feel now is what I was hoping for when I started out! I hope this helps some of you.. Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1012.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love ya Mr. Ed! That used to be my favorite show, watched it everyday! Anyhow, it is nice to know that it gets better. I still have an occasional day where I think about cigs but not cuz I am stressed. I am on my way for sure! Your an inspiration to us all! Great Job! And get that dreaded rat, icky! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 913 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats great Mr Ed. I once quit for 3 years and I also remember when I got to that point when I didnt think about a smoke when the tension was high. I look forward to that once again. Only this time I WILL NEVER TOUCH A CIG AGAIN!!!!!! They truly lie, they are not a great stress release and they do not make you feel better. Well hats off to you Mr Ed you are and inspiration to many on this site. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 239 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104.19 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$166,222.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6008 Hours: 9

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yep Mr. Ed It is a cool feeling. I am about at that stage too. I am so glad for you. Glad that the craves don't even cross your mind during a crisis or bad day or relationship issues. Thanks for sharing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,289 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $456 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: