Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

IT should be more then just 240 cigs not smoked by now!

18 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woo! You used to smoke 100's?? Well then, you get a signigifcant bump up in footage! Lessee now... your last post had you at 473 cigs not smoked. That puts you at 153 FEET of unsmoked cigarettes! Yowza!! You asked about a school bus. Older school buses are 40 feet long. Newer school buses can be up to 45 feet long. So you are VERY near 4 school bus lengths of unsmoked cigs. How's THAT for progress?!! Keep it up and stay crazy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 454 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
I know what you mean about not being able to visualize smoking THAT many cigarettes! That's actually why I started doing that. It really brought home just how many of these awful things I stuck in my face on a daily basis! WooOO! B [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 467 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Hiya Joonie! I'm really glad to hear that you are getting back on top of things! You are a day ahead of me, so I definately feel for where you are. By the way, I ran the numbers for you... you are thinking sometimes like the numbers seem so low... Well - you know those Ford Excursions? The BIG gigundo SUV's? If you took your unsmoked cigarettes and laid them out... they would stretch the length of *7* of those monsters!! Can you even imagine that? 7 full Excursions of smokes. Yeow!! Anyways, stay in touch and let's head for that beach! Bingo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 451 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep up the great work, Joonie. I too am one day behind you in my quit and use your success to help feed mine. Stay strong and stay smoke free! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang ON! You have this! Don't give up! No such thing as "just one!" Don't let that Nic demon get you!
18 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you're feeling pretty fragile. Handle yourself with care.
18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joonie, You are most definitely not alone. We all have dealt with the 'just one' mentality. But the reality, as you know, is that, if we want to maintain this quit for ourselves, we can never have 'just one' drag, smoke, pack... whatever. You don't smoke. Small steps. Take it a moment at a time and those moments [i]will[/i] add up. I promise. They did for each and every one of us. Though we had different triggers and lifestyles and backgrounds, etc. We are all the same insomuch as we each individually have to confront this head on. You can and will do this. Believe it. Remember where you want to be and why you don't smoke. Love yourself and be good and kind to yourself. You deserve this. One day at a time is how this thing called life is done. Peace. Life or death, live or die. There is only do, there is no try. Choice puts the free in freedom. No hurries, no worries. Keep on keepin' on - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,013 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $665 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today everything seemed to fall to pieces. The delicate balance that I had going just leaned too far... I really do not want to smoke (I think), but then, you know, I think that one won't be THAT bad. Then I look at my stats and there just is not that much separation (total count of cigs not smoked) for me to justify just one cig. How silly I am being to want to blow this quit! But (nicodemon talking) you know sometimes everything just mounts up! For me one of the things today was waiting too long to have blood drawn at the doc's lab, in fact someone that came in after me was called BEFORE me. Then they had STAT draws come in in the meantime and I was going to have to wait even longerrrr. Okay, I didn't stay. Just really stupid things like that are setting me off today. Am I the only one that is hung up with the vicious nic "bumps" in the road? Can my excuses for wanting to have just that one smoke get any more transparent???? I'm not even sure that that is what I want, maybe rather just break several carefully selected things would be more theraputic at this point!? Anyone else going through the same STUFF? Maybe I can just live in a bubble for a week or so. Man, these cravings can be hell and cause havoc in one's life!!! Joonie
Cowabunga! Now I HAVE to succeed! Thanks for the vote of confidence. You all know just what to say. Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 496 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Bingo, Thanks for the visual image. I can (not) see myself smoking cig after cig beside four school buses. How funny it that! Thanks! Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 474 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: