Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Foods that set off a crave?

18 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is what I ate last night and I thought I was going to loose my quit!! I felt like I would kill for a smoke and that is not my style. Feeling ashamed on how I acted but I was totally out of control and couldn't get it together!! "Lady" came to my rescue and am very appreciative for that. I was mean to my husband and was going to take my walker at 9 pm and go to the store no matter what!! That junkie in me came out full blast. It was horrible. I will not be eating any Chinese food I don't want to go through that again!! I don't know what "bumped" means. I too would really be interested in reading about the various foods to stay away from. I don't ever want to go through that again and would like to educate myself in what is safe to eat and what to stay away from. So, if you can explain to a newbie what "bump" means and how I can find that information I really would appreciate it! Thanks for your help!!! babs [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, neither of these are foods but the two worst drinks would be coffee and beer for me. As far as foods go, I guess anything that I associate with the drinking I would do on the weekend which would be like pretzels and pizza.
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In another thread posted today, a certain type of food was suggested that may have been a factor in setting off their craving. Now I had that similar type of food today too, and boy I am craving bad this afternoon. The type of food is Chinese. It was pretty bland too, tried a new place over here and I am not going back. This is my first experience with the food setting something off. Otherwise everything else has been fine today. Anyone have some good advice on what food that seem to trigger a crave from your experience that might help us newer 'bees' with avoiding those in our first few weeks? Thanks a Bunch! Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Thanks everyone for all your input- Lady I would love to read the thread you are referring to on the foods, do you know if it is still around somewhere and what forum I may find it? JessieMarie, seems that coffee still does it for me sometimes too but the crave is now in much smaller doses, miraculously! I'm glad you have sworn it off for awhile too...a wise choice indeed! bladekicked, with coffee it's very small now, and I don't drink beer (or alcohol of any kind) but if I did I might swear that off for awhile too if the craves were really strong. What you said about the food being associated with smoking is so true! Anything that I would eat and then absolutely smoke after--wow chinese is actually one of them! I would eat chinese over my mom's and then go out to the patio for a smoke. whoa! I just realized that :) Well I have sworn the stuff off until at least 1 month for me, and even then I will do a self check! Thanks again for all the input!! Many Blessings, Eve :) Proud to be a C.A.R.E. (Crazy April Reformed exhaler) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Alley I'm so glad you found this thread useful :) I also had the same type of thing, alot of anxiety - felt like I was crawling out of my skin. It passed but only when I realized I was triggered and started doing the breathing, that really helped. It will get better once we get more adjusted to eating foods that don't have this effect on us, but alot of this is trial by error because everyone is different. I am amazed at the effect certain foods have on us. It makes me really want to rethink some of my favorite dietary choices, which may not be so good for me. Many Blessings, Eve :) Proud to be a C.A.R.E. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
[color=Purple][size=4][b]THANK YOU LADY!!!!![/b][/size][/color] :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 176 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is so interesting for me to read. We had Chinese for dinner last night. I had leftover for lunch today and Im about crawling out of my skin this afternoon. I have anxity and everything. I thought it was just because it was the weekend and im not as busy but after I read Eve's post now im starting to wonder. I will defantly pay more attention to what I eat if that is really what is making it happen. My gosh what would I ever do without SSC. Thanks for your post Eve SmogFree Shamrock Alley [url=http://][IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i197/lorilind/animated_clover.gif[/IMG][/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $118.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eve. I get small small cravings when I drink coffee. Nothing too big but still a crave. I stopped drinking coffee for awhile just in case :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$204,430.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 4

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve... Everyone is different. We had a thread on this once a while back. For me Sweet Tea use to always trigger a crave for me. Now I simply drink unsweet tea. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 298 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,977 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1043 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
E.V.E. It's been a long time but I'll see if I can find it for you.

Reading this thread: