Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I wanted a cigarette sooooooooooooooooo bad today!

18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pamela I am following your footsteps; you made the third day milestone stares at you in the behind. To me, my third day is eyeballing me, soon enough, I'll leave it in the dust. However, about going inside the gas station, I would certainly do it, just change your attitude and your thinking. Instead, go in with this senario, pay for your gas and tell the cashier that any other time you would buy smoke, but no more because you quit. You,r really addressing your subconsious not the clerk; Your subconsious needs to hear this, and needs to see your resolve in action, not your fear. Now walk out of the store, smile, you just passed another milestone. Find a way to celebrate other than puffing, remember N.O.P.E. My idol you are, lead my way to quiting.
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Geeeeez Christine... Ethical & Legal?? You are no fun at all! LOL Anyway, MystikPamala; It'll get better. Keep the fight going. Good Job, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bee-lieve" in yourself and you can do anything!! "The bumblebee can fly and so can I!" Very fitting words Pamala... Keep the quit going girl!!! Your doing great. ;) Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All right Pamela- you're done with the worst. Keep up the good work! Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,517 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats MystikPamala! That is great!! Keep up the good thoughts! Stay strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MMMMMMMM Hooray. Congratulations. I love the minutes turn to hours the hours to days the days to weeks weeks to months and months to years. Hooray. Another day! WooooHoooo for just not smoking. You are doing a great job. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=Purple] Now it is quite clear why they call you Mystik.. Pamala !! You have the power over cigarettes !!! Congratulations on winning that battle. The great thing is that you really want to stop smoking .. and that is the key. Avoid.. deceive, steal, lie , cheat whatever it takes.. lol just kidding.. anything ethical that is.. (and legal) Hang Tuff.. Non-smoker written all over you !! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,373 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone! This isn't my first time quitting.. and once was actually for close to a yr... but it's been about 4yrs since that quit ended... so I still need that support and a Way To Go! sometimes lol... probly after a couple of weeks I'll stop the hours part but right now for me it still matters! LOL Thanks so much for the support! :)
BUT I did NOT SMOKE! I hit that 72 hr mark and the habit part of my addiction kicked it up a few notches lol... for about 4 hrs I had a constant craving... but I did not give in! I about went crazy LOL... I had to get gas to go to a meeting this evening and I was dying to go inside the station, but I didn't wanna start back over with my quit again.. I knew that if I went inside I'd want to get a pack of smokes, so I paid at the pump with my business debit/credit card! Ooops! Well it was a business meeting I needed the gas for LOL... good thing I own the business huh? LOL Anywho! I just wanted to share... I'm proud of myself!!! That four hours was the hardest four hours I've gone through so far... and even though I had time, and I was alone, I had the opportunity, and I still didn't smoke! woohoo! lol Pamala - Three Days, 8 Hours and 12 Minutes smoke free Cigs not smoked: 74 I've saved $11.95 and 6 Hours of my life.
Adam, that's one way to look at it.. I think I made the right choice tho... by realizing my weakness and not letting myself go in there I was accepting what I knew I couldn't do at that moment.. but at the same time, I realized before hand and avoided a situation I would've regretted... now just because I didn't go in there last night does NOT mean I won't ever go in there again, but with the 4 hrs of constantly wanting a cigarette, I didn't feel confident going in there and being able to walk out proud of myself... does that make sense? that is one thing that I'm learning and you're probly still going to have to get the hang of, anticipating your reactions and knowing ahead of time what you will be able to handle when... good luck! I'm almost done with my 4th day now (I'm still going by hrs since I started in the middle of the day on Q-day lol) I'm feeling better today.. really no cravings or anything, just an urge to keep my hands busy... Okies Story time!!! Did you know that technically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly?! It's wings are so small and fragile and their bodies are so big and heavy that scientists have said that the bumblebee should not be able to fly... BUT No one bothered to tell the bumblebees this... they just believe they can, and so they do! Moral or the story? [i][b]"Bee-lieve"[/b] in yourself and you can do anything!! "The bumblebee can fly and so can I!" [/i] sorry wanted to share my own little personal motivator... it's actually a Mary Kay thing, but I use it as a multi-purpose motivator lol.. Pamala - Three Days, 20 Hours and 35 Minutes smoke free Cigs not smoked: 85 I've saved $13.79 and 7 hours and 4 minutes of my life.

Reading this thread: