Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,532 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Just want to quit qitting...

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
San, Wow, I am surprised at this stage of the game you don't want to quit. Take a hold of your accomplishment and guard your quit. You are doing fantastic. Melanie ____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok,Im trying thanks.. guys for the response. ~breath breath breath~
I can't stand it.. I cant. It's not that I want to smoke Its just that I don't want to quit. Does that make any sense?. Its killing me I cant stand it. I read these post and see that people 200 plus days in are still having cravings and urges. Im getting very discouraged here. I think I would rather give birth!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.79 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
I'm Ok now. It was a very strang thing today. I felt kinda off... scared. Now I feel really peacfull and not wanting or thinking of a cigarette. Tonight we went to my brother-in-laws for dinner. We often go there on Sunday nights. It is also a place that I have smoked alot. My siste-in-law and I would drink beer and smoke all afternoon. She knew that I quit and she didn't smoke in front of me. And my Father-in-law gave me the biggest hug when I told him I quit. I think that will stay with me for a long time. Thanks again all of you for the words of encouragement. I did help. Tomorows another day keeping of the good fight sfr [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
San- Don't give in to that junkie talk. Yes, we will have cravings for quite some time, but they are not the same as what you are going through right now. The cravings started changing for me in week 3 and 4. They become more controlable, more of a passing thought, sometimes you have an "oh yeah, I don't smoke any more moment". I believe as more time passes the thoughts become fewer and fewer until they disappear. Sure you will run in to a trigger once in a while and have a bad day or two. Personally, I think a bad day here and there is well worth all the wonderful smoke free days to come. You are already 11 days in to this quit, hell week is over, and you're on the downhill side of heck week, don't give that up. Breath deeply and drink some water, take it one hour at a time tonight and look forward to waking up with another day on your meter tomorrow. Stay strong...you can get through this Sheila ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey SanFernandoRed. Sometimes when we quit, we get so involved in the quit that we think about it all the time. At 12 days, you might want to start trying to give that damn nicodemon less attention. Try turning your attention to other things.. and don't sit around thinking that it will be bad or hard or any of those negative thoughts. Whatever comes, SanFernandoRed, you can handle. The 2 week mark is often a good turning point towards feeling a little more comfortable with it all. It really does get better.. I hardly have any trouble now at 47 days.. once in a while I get an urge and then laugh it off. Try not to think about smoking anymore.. put it out of your mind..if it enters your mind.. change the subject.. eat an orange.. have some tea.. anything to pass the moment.. Go buy yourself something with your week's savings.. that is always fun. You are lucky to have a family who is happy for you... that is so great.. Hang Tuff..you don't smoke anymore remember !!?? Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As time goes by its more a thought than a crave and its ok to have a thought as long as you don't act on it. Its like thinking your hungry or tired so you think I want a smoke but you dont do it. It does get easier, hang in there, you wont be sorry. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 332 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2490 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the longest quit I've ever had and I won't do it again. Two things that helped me through the first few weeks were: 1) Something Lady posted - "You have to want to quit more than you want to smoke." and 2) I always gave up before I was able to see what it was like on the other side. I still want to quit more than I want to smoke and I am at the beach and looking to the other side....closer than I've ever been before. I like what I see. It's a choice [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,543 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1161.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$330,401.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6026 Hours: 20

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SFRed, You're in the middle of hell week and it's hard! Yes, very hard! But your addiction is using whatever it can to get you to give up. The struggles or cravings that you have at 200 days aren't anything compared to the craves at 100 days. Which aren't anything compared to the struggles at the 30 day pit which aren't near as bad as the ones where you are at right now! There are a couple of posts that I will try to find that show the difference. Please watch for them. And I'm with you...I'd rather give birth, too! and I've had four! But I'd rather quit smoking than go through the teen years with them! :8o: Which I've only done once so far! Hold on tight to your quit Red! It really does get better! We CAN do this! [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 367 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,489 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2422.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$52,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 18

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
okay...i give up trying for now...if anyone can remember the kitchen cabinet analogy thread, please bump it up! :) [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color]
  • Quit Meter

$52,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 18

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: