Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I Made A Promise So Here I Am...Help Please!!

18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi redrosie, I have really enjoyed your posts....hope you've gotten a grip by now and understand that you will never forgive yourself if you commence smoking again. Remember you are an addict being barraged with junkie thinking. I, too, had a difficult time at 68 days....had to go to the dr for wellbutrin to make sure I stayed quit. Get out or make a list of why you quit. Don't you really LOVE the freedom of not needing to smoke? Isn't breathing wonderful without panting and coughing? Have you been rewarding yourself regularly? Maybe you need to go to the mall and buy something nice to wear when the hubby gets home....Victorias's Secret? Or a CD? I like furniture but it's pricey. Chases away the craves....can't afford to smoke after buying the new couch!lol And it is so true about execise but it's probably too cold to walk in your neck of the woods. You've got a fabulous quit going......hang onto it with both hands. You know dam well you never want to go thru this again. We really care about you and will be here for support as long as you need it. Stay close and stay strong. And SMACK the junkie, Janet :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 235 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,718 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie- I am a newbie, who for the most part just sits back and reads and absorbs the info the support group has to share. I wanted you to know that I am often inspired by your posts and your kind words. I have no doubt that you will make it through this smoke free and happier for it. I don't have much experience on this journey yet, but when I'm feeling sad, anxious or mad, I just remind myself that I felt these things as a smoker too. And having that smoke didn't make me happy or calm. It just added to my list of problems. I hope tomorrow brings a brighter day for you. Liz [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie..every now and then you will find a need to go back to the coping skills you used in the beginning of your quit. Never hesitate to get out those mints, ice water and take some deep breathes and even look over your reasons for quitting. Quitting is long process. It doesn't happen over night and there are a lot of things we have to go through before we finally feel free. And YES laughter is good medicine. Laugh away. Find a funny movie, it really will help. If you need to keep talking, ramble away. I'm here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $899.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Redrosie.. what you are going through is perfectly normal. I bet you feel like you did around day 30 except a little more intense. As a matter of fact I have heard of others refer to this period as a mini hell week. I went through the same thing around the 60 day point. I too was ready to give up and thought "what is the point", much like you described above. I came here and posted. I leaned on those that were traveling ahead of me and those traveling with me and everyone said "Just Hang On" and that everything would be alright. So I hung on. After about 3 or 4 days, I woke up one morning and knew that I could remain quit no matter what. Those that had told me it would be alright were correct. I'm here to tell you to just hang on. Here is my hand Redrosie...as we travel this road together. It is full of bumps and rough spots but you are not alone. Your entire quit family is right here with you to help you out along the way. We are proud of your accomplishment. You inspire those around you, both ahead of you, with you, and behind you. Your success and attitude are an example to all of how to be a successful quitter with a good attitude. So take my hand and walk with me down the road less traveled. It is a journey that leads to freedom and you wouldn't want to miss that. It is the most amazing feeling ever. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $899.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Red...at this point, putting nicotine back into your system would be defeating your purpose. I'm not a patch quitter but I know that this period will pass for you. Ride it out. You Can do it and you know it. Be determined. This is your life you are fighting for. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $899.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh yes, I forgot to comment on the patch! Silly me! I don't think it's a good idea to re-introduce nicotine into your system at this point. For one, it could be dangerous. You haven't been putting nicotine in your body, and re-introducing it can cause you to get violently ill! One of the times I smoked, I thought I was going to throw up! And I only had 2 puffs! Now granted, I smoked and didn't use a patch, but re-introducing nicotine at this point COULD cause physical problems. And even if it doesn't cause any physical problems, it's STILL not a good idea because it will only cause you to crave MORE. It will not reduce cravings one bit! Your body is screaming for a fix, and giving it one, even if it's just the patch, will only awaken the demon that you have put to death. Please don't do that to yourself. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,473 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie, I'm so sorry that you're going through a rough time right now, but I'm SOOOOOOO glad to see you here posting. I can relate to feeling "hopeless" when others who have more days than you, or those who you view as stronger than you smoke. I have felt that way too, but this is YOUR quit. Yes, you CAN do this... even if others don't. As for praise, we are all here to praise you for what you are doing! Congratulations on 73 days!!! I hope you have a great 75 day reward planned. You definitely deserve it! If you haven't already, start thinking now about what you will do for yourself in 2 days... thinking about the good rewards is a GREAT way to stay quit... afterall, if you smoke, you won't be able to have the reward! So plan something to look forward to in 2 days. You're doing awesome! Keep up the fantastic quit! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,472 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=red]redrosie[/color], Welcome to the world of being quit. Boring, isn't it? No excitement. No nothing. Just life. Beautiful, wonderful, non-addicted life. Something so many wish they could have. Don't squander it by romanticizing about cigarettes. Keep your head on straight. You quit because you knew deep down that smoking just plain sucks. Never forget that. Yes, you do see a few slippers and relapsers here... that is what this site is for. But don't forget to visit the Stats page and see all the many, many great quitters here! If you want to be successful you will be. If you want to fail, you will fail. You need to put your emotions on a hanger somewhere and stuff them deep into a closet. The nicodemon loves emotions.. he uses them to intice quitters into slipping or worse. Be smarter than that old trap. Don't be sad. Don't be stupid. Get over this little bump in the road and hold your head up high and be proud and happy that you are quit! You and only you control the outcome of this. No one to blame, no fingers to point. Do the right thing. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 304 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,623 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $744.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$36,326.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9766 Hours: 9

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BTW I am not sure putting on a patch is a good idea at this point. Maybe you need to baby yourself like we did at the beginning or our quits. Put on some comfy jammies and listen to some soothing music, some rock n roll or some rockin country, whatever you prefer. Eat some comfort food and be kind to yourself. Or get tough and tell that demon on your shoulder to get off!!! and find someone else to bother!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there, dont doubt yourself now. You have done so great up till now, you cant blow it!!! Its noraml to think about smoking, we did it for many years, just don't act on it. I went to a councillor at my 6 months quit because I was thinking about smoking all the time and I tried to figure out why. He told me not to try to analize it so much, its just a thought, same as we may think I am tired or I am hungry. Don't dwell on it, let the thought pass through your mind and then go on with what you are doing. Take deep breaths or take a nice soak in the tub or go for a long walk, anything to get your mind on something else and try not to beat yourself up over this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,577 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2460 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: