Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I Made A Promise So Here I Am...Help Please!!

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie, It's so good to hear from you today, when I started reading your message yesterday, I would say it was about 45 min's I began to get such a peace about you and knew that everything was okay with you. Blessings to you Rosie..... Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$229,878.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6395 Hours: 5

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie I am so glad that you did exactly wha you said you would do today. Get to the SSC yell for help and wait until somebody called back. I have not read all of this thread I just now got in from work. Stay strong girl. I am so glad that you called out for help! Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 539 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
redrosie you are awesome!! You have been such in inspiration to me...it seems the majority of your replies are from of the most inspiring people here. Please don't give up!! I feel so sad for you redrosie...like a tug at the ol' heart strings. I think I realized this week how much of a family this place really is. Your quit spirit is contagious and I love catching it!!! Hang in there! [img] http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/whacky090.gif [img] The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie: Just checking in with you. I don't have a computer at home so I can't kep up on the weekends. I hope all is well with you and your quit. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Redrosie: Once again you have been a trail blazer for me. You got nekkid first and and showed me how to get through it ( don't let your husband find out). Now you are experiencing the exact same feelings that I am having. I too am thinking about smoking all of the time and some times I think that I should just go a head and smoke as I am only going to slip any how. I will not slip and neither will you!!! You have helped me more than you know. I have never met you but by reading your posts I feel that I know you quite well. Redrosie you are an insperation to me and I allways think of you as a friend. No matter what!!! Hang tough Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,982 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $740 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Redrosie: I have been off the patch for 6 days. Yes I have lost the "honeymoon" period feeling of my quit. My wife has been supportive and in the beginning she would tell me daily that she was proud of me but after a while she thinks that I should just take that for granted. I have my days when I think that " I am in a fight for my life and no one cares" but then I come here and see that that is not so. It's people like you who are willing to tell it like it is that help all of us who would like to express what is happening with us but don't know how. I will get off of my soap box now and just say that I am proud of you and yes WE will make it through this. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,987 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $740 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you have been off all nicotine for at least three days, then the answer is absolutly NO. You would only be taking a baby step toward givng that nicodemon what he wants...more nicotine Just my 2 cents Sheila
18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie Don't loose it now. You are such a great inspiration to many on this site. Perhaps you should take a moment to reflect back on the last 73 days, what you've been through already, how you did it, and how you've helped others along the way. You already have all the answers you need, for some reason you're just having a little trouble remembering. Maybe the honeymoon is over or maybe there was a trigger or maybe a combination of both. Will this be the first business trip for your husband since your quit? I'm sure you will figure this one out and get through just fine. In the mean time, you know the drill, take some deep breaths and go have a bubble bath. Keep up the Quit! Sheila ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie, It sounds like you are doing better now, thank God! I have to say that I was surprised to see your name at the top of that post, you are always so THERE for everyone here. I'm glad that you posted when things got rough. I posted a lot when things were rough, I'm kind of embarrased that I was so whiney, but hey, at least I didn't smoke and I'm sure I have a few more rough patches to go. I hope that all of us can give you the support that you need to continue, because you certainly have a way of making all of us feel hopeful when all seems lost. Thanks for being there for us, you really have a way about you. So, you can't start smoking becuase we all still need you ;-). I've really stuggled with motivation in serveral areas of my life while on this journey, and I just keep thinking, I WILL NOT smoke, NOPE! I must be done with this because I am almost 43, I want to live a long, active life, I hate wrinkles and I want to grow old gracefully (how's that for vanity ;-), I want to see my grandkids and be able to take care of my Mom in her later years. I want to have as much fun when in my 60's and 70's as my parents are having. Gees, they make me want to get old and retire. So, remember where you are going, who you want to be as you age, and suddenly, those ciggies wont look so good. A year or two of discomfort as we readjust to life without our psychological crutch will lend itself to years without having to have a real crutch. On with our quits, yes? Thanks again for all that you do here. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Redrosie.. Look at all the support you've got ! I'm sorry that I didn't see you post last night... Hope you are feeling better today.. Remember that smoking won't make anything better ... only more complicated. You can make it.. ignore the cravings.. and they will go away soon.. Hang Tuff ! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,094 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32

Reading this thread: