Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Using the wrong NRT?

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cemetary, Your best bet is to make an apointment with your family doctor to discuss the many different NRT options. He/she will be able to point you in the right direction based on your needs. Hope this helps, Melanie _______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, my mother-in-law was over tonight and she bought me the 4mg Commit Lozenge. I talked to the pharmacist and she said that as long as I didn't use more than one every 1-2 hours, I could use the gum AND the lozenge. So, I think I'll use the gum normally and maybe just chew 2 pieces (for 4 mg) and the lozenge too. I did spend $65 on the gum and it's non-returnable!! I tried the lozenge and I do like it. It definately made me calmer!! So, we'll see how everything goes! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Are you using the Patch? Vivid dreams are normal with the Patch. I couldn't tell you if any other NRT could cause those weird dreams. My dreams are already very vivid and very f'd up, I always remember them and they have been like that my entire life. That's why I didn't choose the patch...if they got anymore vivid, I think I would have a heart attack in my sleep!! LOL
Actually, I think you're right. Tuesday, my 4th day, was HORRID!!! Yesterday was wonderful and today is going pretty good, as well! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 99 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
The ol' family doctor told me to use the lozenge. But, the reason I chose the gum was because everyone that I've talked to who has used the lozenge says that you have to spit out the saliva that builds up in your mouth when sucking on the lozenge because if you swallow it, you get really nauseous. I can't be spitting out saliva at work!! LOL That's the reason that I didn't use the lozenge. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 66 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Hi guys!! How is everyone doing? Well, today is day number 4 for me. I've been using the 2 mg Nicorette Gum. I was smoking a pack and a half a day, but then cut down to just under a pack 2 weeks before I quit. The thing is, I'm just not getting that "aahh, relief" feeling with the gum. Maybe I shouldn't expect to get that feeling! LOL But, how do I know if I'm using the right strength? What if I want to try the lozenge? Can I just switch? Thing is, I bought the 170 pack Nicorette gum, so I have a while to go with it! LOL Plus, it's only been 4 days. I didn't do the patch because of the possibility of nightmares/vivd dreams. My dreams are already so vivid and messed up that if they got any more so, I would probably lose it all together! Hehehe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 65 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This topic is right on for me today. I used the lozenge and you don't have to spit anything out. I think that's going the way of the urban legend. I just changed to the 4mg gum because the lozenge make all around my mouth white and people kept telling me to wipe. I like the gum better now that I've tried it, but the lozenge worked just fine.
18 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can someone answer this? Are my dreams caused by the NRT? I normally don't dream or remember them if I do, but since quitting my dreams are vivid, sometimes scary and usually involve smoking.
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Job on reaching day four! I swear this is the hardest day! Keep using the two mg gum...If you need to chew an extra piece, that's okay...But your body will adjust to the lower nicotine...
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think someone who quits more than a pack a day is supposed to use the 4mg gum first then drop down to the 2mg after a period of time (don't know how long though) - I would check at you no smoking clinic if you have one. Congrats on your quit!! [img]http://lightintheblack.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/respect.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 585 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �57.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: