Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,524 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

overwhelming junkie b.s. -- help, help, help

18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh what a relief.. another one on day 2. I pretty much felt the same way all day. I thought about smoking pretty much all day. At one point, I decided I was going to smoke a d@mn cig when I got home (but I didn't). I have been very grouchy today... I am commited to not only quit smoking, but not to gain wieght. So, it's low carb and no cigs.. no candy for me ;-(. I have quit a couple of times and I usually started up again becuase I put on weight.. so.. I'm not going to smoke and I'm not going to eat junk.. Gee, this is so pleasant! I hope tomorrow is better.
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh what a relief.. another one on day 2. I pretty much felt the same way all day. I thought about smoking pretty much all day. At one point, I decided I was going to smoke a d@mn cig when I got home (but I didn't). I have been very grouchy today... I am commited to not only quit smoking, but not to gain wieght. So, it's low carb and no cigs.. no candy for me ;-(. I have quit a couple of times and I usually started up again becuase I put on weight.. so.. I'm not going to smoke and I'm not going to eat junk.. Gee, this is so pleasant! I hope tomorrow is better.
18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Newbkr you are on day three now - soon be over the worst physical craves - still early days myself and I too have many junkie thoughts, but I am getting better at dealing with them. Keep going - I ahve also foudn that going to bed early this week has helped. L [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 101 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When all else fails, just borrow a line from the little engine that could (with slight modification)... I know I can (keep the quit) I know I can I know I can I know I can I know I can I know I can I know I can I know I can Glad you jumped right back in with us! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good girl! You get it out of your system! You come and shout and whine and moan at us as much as you like.............as long as it's before you do something stupid, like stick a fag in your mouth. I'll reproduce my favourite definition of a cigarette for you. [quote] A cigarette is a tube....with a fire at one end and a fool at the other. [/quote] You are not a fool.......you are a bright and intellegent human being, and you are going to do this! So, post away! Mad Englishman [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 334 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �235 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone....I going into day 2, and have insomnia so I am reading these posts....this quit has not been so bad. I am using an NRT for now, tried cold turkey and it was just horrid. Ive quit before and other quits have been so bad physically but this one is really managable. It is however, the mental junkie mind games that have me going crazy. I start a new job tomorrow, and already Im like "well I should just smoke because its a really bad time to stop, what with starting a new job and all." "I havent been around people all weekend which is why this is easy so I should just smoke cuz i have to deal with people"-never mind the fact that I was out all day running around at stores, and driving. If driving and standing in line didnt make me smoke, how is sitting in a boring orientation going to? But here's whats driving me nuts....I am watching movies and all I can think about is "okay, they are not smoking. Shes going thru stress and not smoking. How is it that they can do this stuff and not smoke?" I mean I am hanging on watching every move a person can make and NOT smoke. Sounds weird. But Im pretty obssessed with smoking right now. Not having one, but just smoking in general. Do I want one, dont I want one, the old "just one", with a 1000 stupid reasons why it would be good...and feeling alot of fear. I think that's what got me smoking again in the past, was fear. I dont miss it really at all...my house and car are the cleanest they've ever been and its soooooo nice....but when will these mental games end? I am also scared to go off of an NRT right now, but I want to know that hell week goes away for patch users, too...at least it gets better for us NRT users, as well. Thanks for letting me vent........oh i have to reset my meter so it'll show but i have been smoke free for 1 day, 2 hours and 15 minutes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
newbkr...I'm actually sitting in class as I reply to this. Kick, scream, yell, fight, break dishes....do whatever it takes but don't you DARE SMOKE. This is it. The life changing quit remember? We are going to make it this time. Go somewhere people don't smoke. Like the movies......It will take you mind off of the junkie thinking. You know it's junkie thinking...It's all a lie so don't give in. I gotta go before I get busted. I'll check on you when I get home. Let us know how you are doing. Grab my hand and hold on. We aren't letting you off this quit wagon. Quick Shevie....block the back so she doesn't fall off! Gotta go..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 207 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $724.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goodnight Newbkr.........glad you made it through. See.....you CAN do this! I'm so proud of you. Each day will get a little better. You just keep going and before you know it, you won't even be thinking about smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 207 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $724.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Newbkr, I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I'm JUST posted to someone else who's also having problems with the junkie thoughts and I'm going to paste it here... if nothing else, it's good for a laugh. :) I still get them too, but they are just that... thoughts. You can't stop a bird from flying over your head and cr@pping in your hair, but you CAN stop it from making a nest and having little baby birds who cr@p there all the time. In other words, when you get a "junkie thought" just treat it as that... a thought. Dismiss it immediately. Hell, sometimes I laugh at them because they're just so dang ridiculous. What you CAN'T do is keep thinking about it, romaniticize it, or make love to the thought. When you do that, you're letting the thought make a nest and have babies who will cr@p on your head constantly! Just knock that bird out of your hair and go on about your life. Sure, there'll be times when a thought pops in your head, but don't get mad that you're still having these thoughts... just dismiss it and go on. Eventually, you won't have them as much if at all. And that bird will quit cr@pping on your head. :) Hang in there Newbkr. There's never a good time to quit... now is the only time you're gauranteed, so make the best of what you've got! You're almost done with the 3 day withdrawals. Hang in there Newbkr!!! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/pinkglitterybutterfly.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to Go! Another Junkie Thought bites the dust. Hey if you need something to do this evening, I have this really stupid cat that loves to lay on the lanolieum and be pushed around with the broom. He is right here by my chair whining for some baked potato. I could mail him to you right away. Just remember that he likes to cuddle. And to be squashed into small spaces. (He thinks the world is to big and wide). Keep up the good work! Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=teal]No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 204 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $581.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: